There are only 4 ingredients in this easy Crock Pot Brisket! You will be amazed at how delicious and tender this Beef Brisket tastes coming out of your slow cooker.
While my kids were in high school, I spent a lot of time in the costume shop at the school. One of my favorite things about it was the opportunity it gave me to meet some of the other moms of my children’s friends.
And it never fails, when moms get together, the conversation always makes it around to, “So what are you having for dinner?” I love to ask that question. I have gotten a lot of great new recipes by asking it.
Today’s recipe is one that I got from a costume shop conversation back in 2009! It is so easy and delicious that it has been in our dinner rotation ever since.
This dish is so simple you won’t even need to print the recipe!
How to Make Brisket in the Crock Pot
- Place your brisket in the crock pot.
- Squirt mustard over the top. I like to use a Spicy Brown Mustard but Cindy, who gave me the recipe, used regular old yellow mustard.
- Mix one package of Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix with one cup of water and pour it over brisket
- Cook on low for 8 hours!
And that is it! Delicious crock pot brisket.
BBQ Beef Brisket
After enjoying the brisket and mashed potatoes the first night, I shredded the left over brisket, added some barbecue sauce, and made BBQ beef brisket sandwiches for dinner the next night.
Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this. Only four ingredients and you end up with two nights of delicious dinner.
Can I Make this in the Instant Pot?
Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 75 minute and Natural Release for 15 minutes. Remove the lid carefully. Shred meat.
For more delicious recipes try these:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Slow Cooker Brisket
- 3-4 lb. beef brisket
- spicy brown mustard or mustard of choice
- 1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- BBQ sauce
- Place brisket in slow cooker.
- Cover top with mustard, just squirt away!
- Mix soup mix in with water and pour over brisket
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and shred.
- Add BBQ sauce if desired