Roasted Asparagus Parmesan is the quickest and most delicious asparagus ever! It will quickly become your favorite green vegetable.
We are big asparagus fans at our house and love fixing it all different ways. This Grilled Asparagus is so easy to make on the outdoor grill. The addition of red pepper to this Red Pepper Asparagus is delicious. And Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus makes the perfect appetizer.
As a child I was not a fan of green food and in fact I think the only thing green I would eat were green beans out of a can. When I had children I wanted to encourage them to eat more green foods than I did so we had a rule that there always needed to be something green on their plate. They had to at least take one bite of the green food. I think a lot of green food ended up wrapped up in their napkin!
Quick and Easy Side Dish
There are a lot of things to love about this recipe. It’s easy, quick and delicious and it can be ready to go in less than fifteen minutes!
I am proud to say though that all of my children love asparagus and my grand kids too. They especially love picking it up with their hands and eating it! Even though I love asparagus I am a little picky about my asparagus. I like my asparagus thin, none of that fat, woody stuff!!
I have tried lots of different asparagus recipes but I always come back to this one for Roasted Parmesan Asparagus.
How to roast Asparagus
- Trim your Asparagus. I cut off the bottom inch or so to get rid of the white, woody part of the asparagus.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roll asparagus to coat lightly with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a 400 degree F oven. The cooking time will vary a bit depending on how thick your asparagus is. Thinner asparagus will only take about five minutes. You want it to be fork tender, not too soft.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven for a minute or so to melt the cheese.
What to Serve With Roasted Asparagus:
- Grilled Flank Steak
- Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- Balsamic Glazed Grilled Pork Chop
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Roasted Asparagus Parmesan Recipe
Roasted Asparagus Parmesan
- 1/2 lb. Asparagus
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- Cut off an inch or so from the bottom of the stalks
- Lay in a single layer on a cookie sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes, depending on size of asparagus. Cook until just fork tender.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and return to oven for a minute so that cheese melts.
- Place on a pretty plate and serve
Originally posted March 12, 2009
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!