Making Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs couldn’t be much easier. All you have to do is remember the number 5!
If you use an Instant Pot for only one thing, it should be hard boiled eggs! Honestly, I am not a big fan of hard boiled eggs but my husband is. I never made them when I had to boil them in a pan on the stove top except at Easter when the kids wanted to color eggs. I could never remember how long to boil them for. Do you put the eggs in while the water is cold or after it is boiling? Learning to make them in the Instant Pot has been life changing and my husband loves it!
Hard boiled eggs are a great snack to have on hand and now that I can easily make them in the Instant Pot my husband can always find them in the fridge.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
With the Instant Pot, I no longer have to look up the directions to make hard boiled eggs every time I make them. I only have to remember the number 5!
- High Pressure for 5 minutes
- Natural release for 5 minutes
- Cold ice bath for 5 minutes.
It’s that easy!
The cold water bath helps prevent that ugly green/gray line from forming around your yolk that is caused by the egg continuing to cook. The ice bath stops the cooking process.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot along with the rack that comes with your pot.
- Place your eggs on top of the rack. I usually cook 7-8 eggs at a time.
- Seal your pressure cooker and make sure the vent is set to sealing. Set on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- After the cook time is up allow it to natural release for 5 minutes. (set a timer so you don’t forget)
- Quick release any remaining pressure and place eggs into a bowl of cold water and ice. The eggs will be very hot so use some tongs or a towel to remove the eggs from the Instant Pot. Allow to sit in ice water for 5 minutes.
How to Peel a Hard Boiled Egg
One of the things I love about an Instant Pot hard boiled egg is how easy they are to peel! The shell comes right off. Just gently tap or roll the egg on the counter so that the shell begins to crack. It will pop right off!
They are ready to eat!
How Long are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For?
Kept in the refrigerator, they are good for up to a week. Unrefrigerated, they are good at room temperature for a couple of hours.
Other Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Recipe
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place water into Instant Pot along with the rack.
- Place eggs on top of rack and seal Instant Pot.
- Set on high pressure for 5 minutes. Do a 5 minute natural release and then remove eggs into a bowl of cold water and ice for 5 minutes.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.