Slow Cooker Steak Soup is a complete meal. It is rich and hearty and won’t leave you hungry!
I have been told there are people who don’t consider soup dinner. I beg to differ. Last week alone, I actually served soup for dinner twice. Both recipes came from my new Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook (it’s not just for holidays!) I made the curry butternut squash soup and the chicken and wild rice soup. Both are so good! Today’s recipe for steak soup is also dinner worthy.
I dare anyone to tell me this slow cooker steak soup isn’t dinner! You’ve got your protein, your veggies and your starch all in one bowl!
The fact that it contains all the ingredients you need to make a nutritious and delicious dinner PLUS it’s done in the slower cooker makes it the perfect weeknight dinner solution. I mean, what more could you ask for?
I browned the steak before putting it in the slower cooker, but honestly you could skip that part if you are in a hurry. Then you put everything into the slower cooker except for the corn. I like to add that at the end so it doesn’t get too mushy. The carrots and potatoes come out perfectly and the tomato paste gives the steak soup a nice rich flavor.
The only thing I usually add to this meal of is some yummy French Bread. My easy French Bread recipe is perfect and so EASY! The only other thing you need is a spoon.
Other delicious slow cooker soups:
My favorite kitchen items I used to make these SLOW COOKER STEAK SOUP:
SLOW COOKER – My favorite one is the classic, the Rival CrockPot. In fact, I love it so much I own three of them. Two 6 qt and one 4 qt.
CROCK POT LINER BAGS – These liner bags are a life saver and make clean up so much easier and faster! Stock up on them!
HOLIDAY SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK – For more delicious slow cooker recipes check out my new cookbook – 100 recipes!
Slow Cooker Steak Soup
Slow Cooker Steak Soup
- 1.5 lbs top round steak cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 Tbsp parsley dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 16 oz. can whole kernel corn
- Mix together salt, pepper and flour into a large plastic bag. Add in cubed meat and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add steak and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add together all the remaining ingredients except corn into a slow cooker. Add in steak.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until veggies are tender. Add in corn before serving.