Save time and money by making your own rotisserie style chicken at home with this Instant Pot Whole Chicken.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine.
One of the easiest ways to simplify your weekly meal planning is with an Instant Pot Whole Chicken. With just a few simple ingredients you can make your own delicious, rotisseries style chicken at home and save money too!
With our reduced sized family we can get multiple meals out of one chicken. The first night I like to serve the chicken sliced with a side of potatoes and a vegetable and then use the leftover chicken in soup, on a sandwich, in a casserole or on a salad for several more meals.
Shop these affordable high-quality products at your local Albertsons store. I love their O Organics® products and use a lot of them in my cooking. Their products are high quality and 100% USDA-certified organic and at a great price point.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken 3-4 lb. O Organics® whole chicken
- Herbs O Organics® rosemary and thyme
- Seasoning Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika.
- Chicken Broth
How to Make Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Make sure your chicken will fit in your Instant Pot. I use a 6 qt. Instant pot and a 3-4 lb. chicken will fit perfectly.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot, this will make removal of the chicken much easier.
- Remove the neck and giblets from the chicken and rinse the inside and outside of the chicken and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix together butter, seasonings and fresh herbs.
- Stuff inside of chicken with slices of onion and lemon, smashed garlic and a few sprigs of fresh herbs.
- Loosen skin on chicken and rub some of the butter mixture under the skin. (Don’t use all of it, you will need some for the outside of the chicken too).
- Cover outside of chicken with the remaining butter mixture.
- Pour one cup of chicken broth into the bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place chicken into Instant Pot, on top of trivet.
- Turn Instant Pot to Manual, high pressure and set timer to 25 minutes.
- Be sure valve is turned to sealing.
- Do a 10 minute natural release.
serving Whole Chicken
The chicken is fully cooked and ready to eat but the skin does not brown or crisp up in the Instant Pot. To make it a little more pretty, I like to brush the skin with some melted butter and then put it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown and crisp up the skin. If I am just shredding the chicken to use in other recipes I will skip this step.
Dinner is ready! This Instant Pot Whole Chicken is the perfect way to make your meal planning easy this year. Thanks to Albertsons you can serve your family nutritious, delicious and affordable food.
I shop at Albertsons but you can also find all these products at the Albertsons Companies family of stories, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons. Albertsons also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- 4 lb whole chicken
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter melted for basting
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Remove giblets from inside chicken. Rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix together butter with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. paprika, rosemary, thyme.
- Stuff inside of chicken with smashed garlic, onion, lemon slices, sprig of rosemary and thyme.
- Loosen skin of chicken and rub a few teaspoons of butter mixture under skin. Spread remaining butter mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot.
- Place chicken into Instant Pot on top of the trivet.
- Put on the lid and set to manual, high pressure for 25 minutes. Set to sealing and then do a 10 minute natural release.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and if you want crisper skin, brush the skin with some melted butter and under the broiler, top of chicken should be about 6 inches from the top of oven. Watch closely and allow skin to brown and crisp up.
- Slice the chicken and serve or shred.