Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is pure comfort food and the stuff dreams are made of. Made with four different cheese and a topping of bacon you can’t go wrong.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- The flavor is amazing! The combination of four different cheeses along with whipping cream makes for a creamy and delicious combination. In addition, a blend of herbs and spices gives this slow cooker mac and cheese the best flavor I have ever found in a mac and cheese. My neighbors were still talking about this mac and cheese months after I shared it with them.
- Using the crockpot makes this so easy! Being able to make mac and cheese in the crock pot will make this a go to side dish at your house. You basically dump and go!
- Dry mustard
- Garlic salt
- Cheese. I used a combination of Medium Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese and Parmesan Cheese.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Milk. I used 2 percent but whole would be wonderful
- Pasta. I used a small elbow macaroni
- Bacon. Pepper bacon is especially wonderful in this but you can use regular bacon too.
How to Make Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Besides the bacon, everything is cooked right in the slow cooker.
- Add in your liquid, 3/4 of your cheese mixture, spice mixture and macaroni.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 2 hours.
- After two hours, add the remaining cheese mixture and your bacon and cook for another 30 minutes or until the pasta is the desired softness.
What Kind of Cheese Do I use in Mac and Cheese?
I like to use a combination of cheeses for a deeper flavor. My favorite combination is sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella and Parmesan but feel free to play around with the cheeses you have on hand. You want a total of 3 1/2 cups of cheese.
Do not use pre-grated cheese, grate your own. Pre-grated cheese does not melt as smoothly.
I promise, this stuff is magic and it not only tastes amazing but smells amazing too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use just one kind of cheese?
You can use whatever kind of cheese you want but the combination listed in this recipe is what really gives it amazing flavor along with the seasoning mixture.
Can I freeze leftover mac and cheese?
You can freeze it in an airtight container and it will last for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave, the oven or in a pan on the stovetop.
Check out more delicious crockpot recipes:
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup medium or sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups small dry elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- Mix together the spices and set aside.
- Mix together the cheeses in a bowl.
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray
- Add the cream, milk, butter and spices into the slow cooker, stir to combine
- Add in the pasta and 3/4 of the grated cheese mixture. Stir to combine
- Cook for 2 hours on low.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the pasta is the desired tenderness.