Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is pure comfort food and the stuff dreams are made of. Made with four different cheese and a topping of bacon you can’t go wrong.
Who can resist a cheesy, gooey side dish? Not me! Here are a few other favorites. Cheesy Potatoes are a classic! Loaded Scalloped Potatoes are a fun twist on scalloped potatoes. You can even make your scalloped potatoes in the Instant Pot.
SlowCooker Mac and Cheese
The combination of four different cheeses along with whipping cream makes for a creamy and delicious combination. In addition, a blend of herbs and spices gives this slow cooker mac and cheese the best flavor I have ever found in a mac and cheese.
My neighbors were still talking about this mac and cheese months after I shared it with them.
Being able to make mac and cheese in the crock pot will make this a go to side dish at your house. You basically dump and go!
How to Make Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Besides the bacon, everything is cooked right in the slow cooker. Just add in your liquid, 3/4 of your cheese mixture, spice mixture and macaroni. Put the lid on and cook on low for 2 hours.
After two hours, add the remaining cheese mixture and your bacon and cook for another 30 minutes or until the pasta is the desired softness.
What Kind of Cheese Do I use in Mac and Cheese?
I like to use a combination of cheeses for a deeper flavor. My favorite combination is sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella and Parmesan but feel free to play around with the cheeses you have on hand. You want a total of 3 1/2 cups of cheese.
I promise, this stuff is magic and it not only tastes amazing but smells amazing too.
What to serve Crock Pot Mac and Cheese with:
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup medium or sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups small dry elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- Mix together the spices and set aside.
- Mix together the cheeses in a bowl.
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray
- Add the cream, milk, butter and spices into the slow cooker, stir to combine
- Add in the pasta and 3/4 of the grated cheese mixture. Stir to combine
- Cook for 2 hours on low.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the pasta is the desired tenderness.