Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is pure comfort food and the stuff dreams are made of. Made with four different cheese and a topping of bacon you can’t go wrong.
SlowCooker Mac and Cheese
The combination of four different cheeses along with whipping cream makes for a creamy and delicious combination. In addition, a blend of herbs and spices gives this slow cooker mac and cheese the best flavor I have ever found in a mac and cheese.
My neighbors were still talking about this mac and cheese months after I shared it with them.
Being able to make mac and cheese in the crock pot will make this a go to side dish at your house. You basically dump and go!
How to Make Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Besides the bacon, everything is cooked right in the slow cooker.
- Add in your liquid, 3/4 of your cheese mixture, spice mixture and macaroni.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 2 hours.
- After two hours, add the remaining cheese mixture and your bacon and cook for another 30 minutes or until the pasta is the desired softness.
What Kind of Cheese Do I use in Mac and Cheese?
I like to use a combination of cheeses for a deeper flavor. My favorite combination is sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella and Parmesan but feel free to play around with the cheeses you have on hand. You want a total of 3 1/2 cups of cheese.
I promise, this stuff is magic and it not only tastes amazing but smells amazing too.
What to serve Crock Pot Mac and Cheese with:
Other delicious recipes:
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup medium or sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups small dry elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- Mix together the spices and set aside.
- Mix together the cheeses in a bowl.
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray
- Add the cream, milk, butter and spices into the slow cooker, stir to combine
- Add in the pasta and 3/4 of the grated cheese mixture. Stir to combine
- Cook for 2 hours on low.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the pasta is the desired tenderness.