BBQ Pot Roast is true comfort food and a fun, flavorful twist on the traditional pot roast. It combines two of my favorite dishes – pot roast and BBQ beef.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Today’s recipe for BBQ Pot Roast is a fun and flavorful twist on the traditional pot roast. This delicious bbq beef can be served as a pot roast with potatoes or you can shred the beef and serve it in sandwiches. It’s also great in tortillas as a quesadilla or in pita bread topped with some tomatoes.
I usually make my pot roast in the slow cooker but I decided to switch things up a bit and use my oven this time and it worked perfectly. The BBQ Sauce and Teriyaki Sauce give this pot roast some amazing flavor.
- Boneless chuck roast. round beef roast, brisket
- BBQ Sauce. I like to use a sweet barbecue sauce but use your favorite. You can also use a homemade bbq sauce.
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Beef broth
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
How to Make BBQ Pot Roast
- Mix together BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce, beef broth, garlic, brown sugar, ginger, salt, pepper and onion.
- Place meat in roasting pan or dutch oven and pour sauce over meat.
- Put on the lid and cook in the oven on 300 for about 2.5 hours or until fork tender.
How to Serve Pot Roast
After cooking, I just shred the meat and pour more sauce over it and serve. Some of our favorite side dishes to serve with the pot roast include:
Frequently Asked Questions
In the crockpot cook on low for about 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
Switch instant pot to “pressure cook” on high and set to 60-80 minutes (60 for a 3 pound roast, 80 for a 5 pound roast). Do a ten minute natural release. The sauce may need to be thickened.
Pot roast is actually a method of cooking beef. The cut of beef you want for a pot roast recipe is a boneless chuck roast, beef chuck, round roast and you can even use a brisket.
Try these other delicious recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
BBQ Pot Roast
- 4-5 lb pot roast/chuck roast
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except for pot roast.
- Place pot roast into a heavy roasting pan and cover with mixture. Turn to coat meat.
- Bake for 2 – 2.5 hours until meat is tender and easily pulls apart. Baste the meat a few times during the last hour of baking if desired.
- Serve with leftover liquid as a dipping sauce or use as gravy on mashed potatoes.