You are going to fall in love with these Parmesan Roasted Carrots. They are a sure fire way to get the kids and grown-ups to eat their vegetables!
I love the flavor roasting gives to vegetables, especially carrots. The roasting makes the carrots so sweet. When you add Parmesan cheese and garlic to them you will never know you are eating a vegetable!
As a kid I was one of those that didn’t like eating vegetables and carrots were not a favorite. In fact, the only vegetable I would eat was green beans, the kind that came out of a can! Can you believe it! But as I’ve matured and my tastes have changed and evolved I’ve really learned to love cooked carrots. These roasted carrots are amazing and so easy to make. If we are having carrots at our house we are having Parmesan Roasted Carrots.
Do I need to Peel Carrots for Roasting?
I peel my carrots and leave them whole. You want your carrots to be similar in size so if some of your carrots are larger, cut them in half. In order for your carrots to cook evenly they need to be evenly sized.
How To Make Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel carrots. If they are big carrots cut them in half lengthwise.
- Place carrots on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle carrots with melted butter and garlic.
- Roast carrots in a 400 degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Time will vary depending on how thick the carrots are.
- Pull them out of the oven and shake the pan to rotate the carrots and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Put them back into the oven for another 10 minutes or until they are tender and the cheese has melted and browned. That browned, crunchy cheese is amazing and I may have picked it off all the carrots and eaten it all myself.
- Top them with some chopped fresh parsley and they are ready to serve.
They are seriously going to quickly become your favorite way to eat carrots! And you won’t have to tell anyone to eat their carrots because they are going to gobble these up.
What to Serve With Roasted Carrots
Basically anything and everything but some of our favorites include:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos!
Roasted Carrot Parmesan Recipe
Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- 8-10 carrots peeled
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix melted butter and garlic together.
- Place carrots on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with butter/garlic mixture.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Shake pan ocassionally to rotate carrots.
- Top with cheese and roast for another 10 minutes or until carrots reach desired doneness.
- Top with parsley and serve immediately
Tips & Notes:
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.