You are going to fall in love with these Parmesan Roasted Carrots. They are a sure fire way to get the kids and grown-ups to eat their vegetables!
Why You Will Love These Roasted Carrots
I love the flavor roasting gives to vegetables, especially carrots. The roasting makes the carrots so sweet. When you add Parmesan cheese and garlic to them you will never know you are eating a vegetable!
As a kid I was one of those that didn’t like eating vegetables and carrots were not a favorite. In fact, the only vegetable I would eat was green beans, the kind that came out of a can! But as I’ve matured and my tastes have changed and evolved I’ve really learned to love roasted carrots. These parmesan roasted carrots are amazing and so easy to make.
- Carrots. I prefer to peel them but they can be left unpeeled. If the carrots are bigger than 1 inch cut the carrots in half.
- Butter. Salted butter is my preference, if using unsalted just add 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Garlic. Fresh minced cloves garlic
- Parmesan Cheese. Grated
- Parsley. You can use fresh or dried, use half the amount if using dried.
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel carrots. If they are big carrots cut them in half lengthwise. (larger than 3/4 inch)
- Place carrots on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle carrots with butter mixture (melted butter and garlic)
- Roast carrots in a 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until fork tender. Time will vary depending on how thick the carrots are.
- Pull them out of the oven and shake the pan to rotate the carrots and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Put them back into the oven for another 10 minutes or until they are tender and the cheese has melted and browned. That browned, crunchy cheese is amazing and I may have picked it off all the carrots and eaten it all myself.
- Top them with some chopped fresh parsley and they are ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
I peel my carrots but if you want some extra fiver, just wash and scrub them and leave the skin on.
You want your carrots to be similar in size so if some of your carrots are larger, cut them in half. In order for your carrots to cook evenly they need to be evenly sized.
They are seriously going to quickly become your favorite way to eat carrots! And you won’t have to tell anyone to eat their carrots because they are going to gobble these up.
Other favorite vegetables dishes include:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- 8-10 carrots peeled, cut in half or quarters if large carrots (bigger than 3/4 inch)
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix melted butter and garlic together.
- Place carrots on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with butter/garlic mixture.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes or until fork tender..
- Shake pan ocassionally to rotate carrots.
- Top with cheese and roast for another 10 minutes or until carrots reach desired doneness.
- Top with parsley and serve immediately