Skillet Carrot Cake is quick and easy but with all the delicious flavor and texture of a regular carrot cake.
I love my cast iron pans and am a firm believer that things taste better when they have been cooked in cast iron. Several years ago I took over my husband’s camping cast iron pans he stored in the garage and now they reside permanently in my kitchen.
Carrot Cake is one of my husband’s favorites and with Easter coming soon, you might want to consider a skillet carrot cake for Easter dessert. It’s a quicker and easier version of the traditional layered and frosted carrot cake. You get all the great flavor and texture of a carrot cake in less time.
My favorite part of a carrot cake is all that delicious cream cheese frosting and this carrot cake has plenty of it! The addition of crushed pineapple, walnuts and coconut along with carrots create the amazing texture and flavor.
This skillet carrot cake can also be made at the last minute and eaten right out of the pan! You don’t have all the fuss and mess of a frosted, layered cake.
Printable Recipe for Skillet Carrot Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup graulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrot, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix together sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Add in dry ingredients. Stir to combine
- Add in pineabble, coconut and walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into skillet
- Bake 30 -35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and sugar until a smooth, spreading consistency is reached.
- Frost cooled cake.
- Garnish with some additional walnuts if desired
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!