This Instant Pot bread only needs 4 ingredients and may very quickly become your go to bread recipe. Using your Instant Pot to proof your bread creates the perfect environment for your rising bread.
Nothing beats a loaf of fresh, warm homemade bread because it is perfect comfort food. French Bread is one of the most popular bread recipes on the blog and one I make over and over. These Garlic Knots are crazy good and these 30 Minute Rolls are the fastest rolls you’ll ever make! Find all my bread recipes here.
Can You Make Bread in an Instant Pot?
I have used my Instant Pot for many different types of recipes. It works great for soup, main dishes and it is my favorite way to make brown rice and quinoa. I never thought of using it for making bread though until a friend asked if I had an Instant Pot bread recipe! Figuring out how to use the Instant Pot to make bread went to the top of my to do list.
One of my favorite breads and the easiest to make is this No Knead Artisan Bread.
This bread doesn’t require you to proof yeast and you don’t have to knead the dough. The one thing you do have to do though is plan ahead. It needs 12-18 hours of rising times. When you forget to plan ahead and don’t have that kind of time, but you want that delicious Artisan style bread, that is when this Instant Pot Bread recipe comes to the rescue.
Using the Yogurt setting on the Instant Pot provides a low consistent heat inside an enclosed area that traps steam and provides a perfect environment for proofing dough.
You can create the same loaf of Artisan bread with it’s beautiful crispy crust and is soft and chewy inside in 1/3 of the time! After tasting the Instant Pot Bread my husband actually declared it the BEST bread he had ever eaten!
Rapid Rise Yeast vs Dry Active Yeast
This Instant Pot Bread uses Rapid Rise Yeast. Rapid Rise Yeast does not need to be proofed in warm water like Dry Active Yeast. You add the yeast right in with the flour and other dry ingredients and then add in your water.
If all you have is Dry Active Yeast, you can still make this bread. Add your yeast to 1/4 cup of your warm water and allow it to sit and proof for 10 minutes, it will get bubbly. Then add the water and yeast mixture into your dry ingredients and add remaining cup of warm water.
How To Make Instant Pot Bread
- Place flour, yeast and salt into a bowl. Pour warm water (105-110 degrees F) over dry ingredients.
- Stir to combine. The dough will be shaggy and dry looking, you do not need to knead the dough.
- Spray inside of Instant Pot with cooking spray.
- Place dough into the liner of the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn on using the Yogurt setting. Set the timer to 4 hours. And be sure valve is turned to venting.
- Remove the lid. The dough will have spread out, doubled in side and have little bubbles over the top of the surface.
- Remove dough from the Instant Pot and place on a floured surface. Turn the dough a few times to form into a loaf shape. Cover with a towel.
- Allow the loaf to sit while you preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Place a heavy dutch oven with it’s lid into the oven while it preheats
- Brush the top of the loaf with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Remove the dutch oven from the oven and place a piece of parchment paper into the pan, be careful, the pan is hot.
- Gently lift the dough and place into the dutch oven. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the bread is beautifully golden brown.
After the bread has cooled, slice and enjoy with some butter or jam.
What If I Don’t Have a Dutch Oven?
You can use any heavy pan or baking dish that is oven safe and has a lid. I have a dutch oven similar to this one.
This is the Instant Pot I use.
This is the Instant Pot I use.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Check out more of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Bread Recipe
Instant Pot Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp rapid rise yeast
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water 105-110 degrees F
- coarse salt to sprinkle on loaf
- olive oil for brushing loaf
- Place flour, salt and yeast into a bowl.
- Pour in warm water (105-110 degrees F)
- Stir to combine dough will be dry and shaggy.
- Spray liner of Instant Pot and put dough into pot.
- Put on lid and place on Yogurt setting and set timer for 4 hours. Put valve to venting.
- Dough is ready when it has doubled in size and has tiny bubbles on the surface.
- Remove from Instant Pot and place on lightly floured surface.
- Form dough into a loaf, cover with a towel and allow to rest while oven preheats to 450 degrees F. Place dutch oven with lid on it into the oven while the oven preheats.
- Brush loaf with olive oil and a sprinkle of coarse salt.
- Remove dutch oven and line it with parchment paper and place loaf of dough into the pan.
- Put on lid and return to oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and allow to cool before slicing.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!