Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream is a smooth and creamy orange and vanilla ice cream that tastes like that favorite childhood treat.
What is a Creamsicle?
Creamsicles were always my summer treat of choice when the neighborhood Good Humor ice cream man came to visit when I was a kid. A creamy vanilla ice cream popsicle coated in a layer of orange sherbet. It just screams summer. Fudgesicles were another favorite treat.
You can find all the flavor and taste of that favorite treat in this Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream. It’s like you took that creamsicle, put it in a bowl and mixed it all together.
Ice Cream Ingredients
- Whole Milk
- Half and Half If you can’t get half and half replace it with half heavy whipping cream and half whole milk.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Orange Juice
- Orange Extract
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Creamsicle Ice Cream
- Add sugar to a bowl and add in milk, half and half and cream.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add in orange juice, extracts and a pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions.
After ice cream has churned and set up, transfer into a freezer container and freeze to allow ice cream to harden. If you prefer a soft serve consistency you can enjoy it right after churning.
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe is formulated to be used in an ice cream maker. If you don’t have one, try this recipe for No Churn Orange Ice Cream.
For years I used this Cuisinart table top ice cream maker and it works great. We recently upgraded to an ice cream compressor and it is expensive but amazing!!
How Long Will Ice Cream Keep in the Freezer?
Storing ice cream in a container with a tight fitting lid, where air can not get to is important. It will prevent ice crystals from forming on the ice cream. Ice cream is best eaten within 1-2 weeks.
Be sure and check out some of our other favorite ice cream flavors:
For more delicious orange flavored treats try these:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Creamsicle Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup orange juice fresh
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients together and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacture's instruction
Leave a Review