Loaded with your favorite chocolate sandwich cookie, this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is rich, creamy and delicious. We love using Oreos but add in your favorite cookie!
What You’ll Love About This Recipe!
One of the best things about this ice cream recipe is that it eggless, no need to worry about raw eggs! I use the same vanilla ice cream base for almost all my ice cream recipes and this one is so good. It is definitely a stand alone vanilla but sometimes a girl just needs a little chocolate to go with her vanilla ice cream and what better than some Oreo cookies. This ice cream is full of lots of Oreo cookie goodness. Because I am more of a vanilla fan than a chocolate fan I use about half a package of cookies but if you are more team chocolate, feel free to add in as many cookies as you want!
- Milk. I use a combination of whole milk, heavy whipping cream and half and half. If you can’t get half and half where you live you can replace the amount with half milk and half whipping cream.
- Vanilla Extract. Use a pure vanilla extract for best flavor.
- Cookies. I like to use Oreos but you could really use any cookie and it would still be Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. I am a big fan of Circus Animal cookies and they are amazing in ice cream. I have also added oatmeal cookies into ice cream and I think chocolate chip cookies would be great too! Need to try that one!!
Tips from Leigh Anne
- Make sure your ice cream maker bowl has chilled in the freezer for at least 24 hours. I keep mine in there all the time so it is ready at a moment’s notice.
- Working with chilled, cold ingredients will help your ice cream to set up faster.
- Save some chocolate cookie chunks to sprinkle over the top of the Oreo ice cream after you put it into the freezer container.
How to Make Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Whisk together all ingredients except for cookies in a bowl and pour into ice cream maker.
- Churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- The last five minutes of processing, add in cookies and let them incorporate throughout the ice cream. I like to put the cookies into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break them up into smaller pieces before adding them to the ice cream.
- Place ice cream in an insulated ice cream container and freeze until firm and set up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stored in an airtight, insulated ice cream container it will last for a couple of weeks.
This homemade ice cream recipe is designed to be made in an ice cream maker and is not meant to be a no churn ice cream.
I use a Cuisinart 2 qt. ice cream maker. I then transfer the ice cream into this insulated ice cream container to let the ice cream harden up.
Some of our other favorite flavors of ice cream are:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups half and half half cream, half milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 12 cookies crushed, can use more if desired
- Combine all ingredients except for cookies and pour into ice cream maker.
- Process according to manufacturer's directions.
- The last five minutes of processing, add in cookies and let them incorporate throughout the ice cream.
- Place ice cream in an insulated container and freeze until firm and set up.
Leave a Review