Brownie Ice Cream Cake couldn’t be easier! A layer of brownie and ice cream then topped with hot fudge. A quick, easy and delicious dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
This is one of the easiest desserts you will make. Use a boxed brownie mix, two favorite ice cream flavors and some hot fudge sauce!
Since the ice cream is the star of the show here, use the best quality ice cream you can afford. My favorite store brands that are readily available are Breyer’s and Haagan Daz.
For my cake I went with a vanilla bean vanilla and a Belgian chocolate but you could use any of your two favorite flavors that go well together.
- Brownie Mix. You need the 18.3 oz size along with the ingredients listed on the back of the box.
- Ice Cream. 2 pints of your favorite flavors of ice cream. Use all one flavor or two different flavors that go well together.
- Hot Fudge Sauce. Buy your favorite brand of hot fudge or make this homemade version.
How to Make Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- Use a small 6 inch springform pan that is 3 inches high. this makes the cake easy to remove from the pan.
- Prepare a brownie mix (that makes a 9 x 13) according to the directions on the box and bake in oven until a toothpick comes out clean..
- Bake the brownies according to the directions on the back of the box in the oven until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and cut out two six inch circles. Be sure and save the left over brownie for the top of the cake. (You can eat a few pieces!)
- Place one brownie layer into the spring form pan and add ice cream layer using one entire pint, over the top of brownie layer. Allow ice cream to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften and make it easier to spread over brownie. layer. Smooth ice cream into an even layer.
- Add the second round of brownie and then another pint of ice cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and return to the freezer to harden up.
- To serve, remove cake from the pan and top with hot fudge sauce or caramel sauce and cubes of leftover brownie. May also add whipped cream.
How to Serve Ice Cream Cake
Let the cake sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to make it a little easier to serve. I like to run some water over knife in between cuts to get a cleaner cut and a prettier slice of cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use a regular 6 inch round cake pan but line it with parchment paper or wax paper to make it easier to remove the cake for serving.
If you prefer to make your brownies from scratch I would recommend using my recipe for Chocolate Syrup Brownies.
To make it bigger, use an 8-9 inch springform pan. you will need to use two brownie mixes and 2 quarts of ice cream and additional hot fudge sauce.
- Strawberry Ice Cream and Vanilla Ice cream. Garnish top of cake with fresh strawberries.
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Garnish with additional chocolate chips.
- Mocha Ice Cream and Chocolate Ice Cream. Garnish with brownie scraps.
- Cherry Ice Cream and Chocolate Ice Cream. Garnish top with some maraschino cherries.
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream and garnish top with Oreo Cookies.
- Get creative!
Other delicious dessert ideas:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- 1 18.3 oz brownie mix follow directions on back
- 2 pints ice cream flavors of choice
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- Bake brownies in a 9 x 13 pan according to directions on back of box.
- Cool brownies and cut out two 6 inch circles.
- Place one circle of brownie into a 6″ springform pan. Layer with one pint of ice cream
- Repeat with second circle of brownie and remaining ice cream
- Cover with plastic wrap and return to freezer to harden.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving and allow to soften a bit.
- Top with hot fudge and pieces of the remaining brownies.