The Best Hot Fudge Sauce is so easy to make, comes together in minutes and is thick, fudgy and delicious. We’ve been making my mom’s recipes for years!
We love serving this hot fudge sauce on our favorite homemade ice creams which include Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
The Best Hot Fudge Sauce
I can call this Fudge the BEST Fudge Sauce for a couple of reasons. First, my maiden name is BEST. So all of my mom’s recipes are Best recipes. But second, it is the BEST hot fudge sauce I have ever tasted. And I have tried a few and I think you will agree.
After trying this hot fudge sauce, you will never buy a jar of hot fudge again! It is easy to make and better tasting than anything you have bought in a jar from the ice cream aisle of the grocery store.
Chocolate Sauce with Chocolate Chips
This sauce can be made with semi sweet, dark, or milk chocolate chips. Whatever your chocolate preference is, you can personalize it to your taste. I prefer to use milk chocolate when making my hot fudge.
Chocolate Fudge Sauce Ingredients
- Chocolate Chips
- Evaporated Milk
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make Hot Fudge Sauce
- Melt chocolate chips, butter, milk and powdered sugar over medium heat in a large sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. It can burn easily.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla.
- Sauce will thickens as it cools. It will become fudge like when totally cool but just reheat in the microwave to make it pourable.
What To Serve Fudge Sauce On
Our favorite way to enjoy it is over ice cream but of course you can eat it by the spoonful too! We always use it when making Ice Cream Pie and it is delicious drizzled over Fried Ice Cream, Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie and Brownie Ice Cream Cake.
If you are looking for an easy but unforgettable neighbor gift, a jar of hot fudge sauce will do the trick. Just tie a bow around the container, add some ice cream and, I promise, your friends and neighbors will LOVE you!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes. Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.`
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 2 cups chocolate chips your choice – dark, semi sweet or milk
- 1 can which is equal to 1 1/3 C evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melt chips, butter, milk and powdered sugar
- Bring to a boil
- Cook for 4 minutes – stirring constantly
- Take off heat and allow to thicken
- Add vanilla