The Best Hot Fudge Sauce is so easy to make, comes together in minutes and is thick, fudgy and delicious. We’ve been making my mom’s recipes for years!
The Best Hot Fudge Sauce
I can call this hot fudge recipe the BEST Hot Fudge Sauce for a couple of reasons. First, my maiden name is BEST. So all of my mom’s recipes are the Best recipes. But second, it is the BEST hot fudge sauce I have ever tasted and I have tried a few and I think you will agree.
After trying this hot fudge sauce, you will never buy a jar of hot fudge again! It is easy to make and better tasting than anything you have bought in a jar from the grocery store.
Chocolate Sauce with Chocolate Chips
This sauce can be made with semi sweet, dark, or milk chocolate chips. Whatever your chocolate preference is, you can personalize it to your taste. I prefer to use milk chocolate when making my hot fudge.
- Chocolate Chips or baking chocolate.
- Butter. I always use salted butter. If you are using unsalted butter, add in 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Evaporated Milk. You can also replace the evaporated milk with half and half.
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- Melt chocolate chips, butter, milk and powdered sugar over medium-low heat in a medium to large sauce pan. Whisk until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. It can burn easily.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla.
- Sauce will thickens as it cools. It will become fudge like when totally cool but just reheat in the microwave to make it pourable.
What to Serve Fudge Sauce On
If you are looking for an easy but unforgettable neighbor gift, a jar of hot fudge sauce will do the trick. Just tie a bow around the container, add some ice cream and, I promise, your friends and neighbors will LOVE you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Texture is the main difference. Hot fudge sauce is thicker than chocolate sauce. Fudge sauce is made with butter, cream, chocolate and sugar which gives it a thicker consistency. Chocolate sauce is thinner and more pourable and typically made with sugar or corn syrup, cocoa powder and water.
I recommend storing in the refrigerator but because of the high sugar content it is fine to keep at room temperature. It will last longer if stored in the fridge. Rewarm in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop.
This sauce is good in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. It will last for up to 12 months in the freezer.
Check out these recipes that use hot fudge sauce!
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 2 cups chocolate chips dark, semi sweet or milk chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups evaporated milk can also use half and half
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melt chips, butter, milk and powdered sugar
- Bring to a boil
- Cook for 4 minutes – stirring constantly
- Take off heat and allow to thicken
- Add vanilla