This quick and Easy Salsa Recipe can be made in 5 minutes and thanks to canned tomatoes there is no peeling or chopping. You can have easy homemade salsa anytime!
Making salsa at home is so easy and this Instant Pot Salsa version is amazing. If you are looking for a salsa that can be canned, try this delicious Canned Salsa. Blender Salsa Verde is a fun variation on the salsa theme.
Easy Homemade Salsa
Can anyone else make a complete meal out of chips and salsa!? We love to go out for Mexican food and one of the main reasons is for the chips and salsa. I judge the quality of a Mexican restaurant by their chips and salsa. Well, you no longer have to go out to eat to enjoy restaurant quality chips and salsa. I love an easy salsa recipe, one that is not too chunky, but just a little chunky.
There is no peeling or chopping required for this quick and easy salsa. You can make it right at home and in about five minutes. It doesn’t get any quicker or easier than that. It’s even faster than running to the store to buy salsa!
This recipe makes a large batch so it is great for a party or having lots of leftovers which we love at our house. It makes about six cups of salsa. Good thing one of my favorite things for lunch is chips and salsa.
- Canned Whole Tomatoes is what makes this so easy! Use a quality brand of tomatoes, you will need a 28 oz. can of peeled whole tomatoes. I like a San Marzano tomato.
- Diced Tomatoes with Chilies. A common brand is Rotel but you can also find a store brand. I like to use the mild version as the regular is a bit too spicy for me.
- Jalapeno. If you like your salsa spicier, use a serrano chili pepper. Remember, the smaller the pepper, the hotter it is!
- Onion, Garlic and Cilantro. Just rough chop these as the food processor or blender will do most of the work for you.
How to Make Quick and Easy Salsa
- Place everything in the food processor and pulse for a minute or less. Just make sure you have a big food processor ,at least a six cup food processor as this makes a big batch. You can also make it in your blender if you don’t have a food processor or if yours is not big enough. The more you pulse, the less chunky your salsa will be.
How Long Will Salsa Last?
This homemade salsa recipe will last for about a week in the refrigerator. Keep it in an airtight container. It won’t last as long as store bought salsa as it doesn’t have as many preservatives, which is also what makes it so much better!
Then all you have to do is dip away!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Recipes to use Homemade Salsa Recipe with:
Easy Salsa Recipe
Easy Salsa Recipe
- 1 28 oz whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 10 oz diced tomatoes and green chilies I use mild Rotel
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno roughly cut and seeded
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 lime juice
- Rough cut your garlic, onion and jalapeno.
- Put everything into a food processor. You may also use a blender.
- Pulse until the salsa becomes the consistency, texture you like. I did about 12 -14 pulses. Pour into a bowl.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend together. Enjoy!
Originally posted May 3, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!