Crock Pot Pork Roast is full of flavor and so easy because it’s done in a crockpot and only has 5 ingredients! Dinner has never been easier or more delicious.
Crockpot Pork Roast was the perfect post holiday meal. After the holidays I always struggle a bit with getting back into the swing of cooking. My excuse is usually that I cooked so much over the holidays that I’m just cooked out. I can’t use that excuse this year because I didn’t really cook for Thanksgiving. We were in Utah and I bought the pies!
We love a good pork roast or pork tenderloin at our house and today’s recipe for Crockpot Pork Roast hit the spot this week. It smelled wonderful as it cooked and tasted great. The best part was how easy it was. A great way to ease myself into cooking again! One of the great things about this pork roast is all the options you have available to you. You can eat it just as a roast, add some potatoes and veggies and you are good to go. We decided to make Pork Nachos out of it and they were delicious. The pork would also be great shredded and put in a taco, burrito, enchilada, quesadilla, you get the idea.
How to Make a Pork Roast in Crock Pot
- I use a pork shoulder roast with the bone in but you can also use a boneless roast.
- Slice your onions and lay them on the bottom of your slow cooker
- Mix your seasoning and salt together and pat into the top and sides of the roast. Place the roast into the slow cooker on top of the onions.
- Pour the chicken broth around the roast. Do not pour it over the top or you will wash off the seasoning.
- I prefer to cook it on low but if you are short on time high will work fine.
- This recipe makes a lot and it freezes great. Just shred it up and put it into an airtight freezer bag.
Check out my favorite crockpot here!
Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe
This crockpot Pork roast is full of flavor and so easy to make with just 5 ingredients!!! The perfect slow cooker pork roast recipe!
- 2 large sweet onions sliced
- 1 5-6 lb. pork shoulder roast
- 2 Tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C of chicken broth
- Grease a 6 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place onions in bottom of cooker.
- Rub pork with seasoning blend and salt.
- Place on top of onions. Pour broth over roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 9-10 or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove from crockpot and shred meat. Remove any large pieces of fat.
- Save some of the juice to spoon over pork when serving.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.