This fresh blueberry ice cream is the perfect way to enjoy those fresh blueberries this season. Not only is it delicious but it is pretty !
My husband declared this, “the BEST ice cream you have ever made!” This comment was not made once but made multiple times each time he enjoyed his bowl full of fresh blueberry ice cream.
Don’t just take his word for it, try it because this really is the best ice cream I’ve ever made and I’ve made a lot of ice cream.
Can I use frozen blueberries?
Earlier in the day I had gone to a local blueberry farm and picked a bucket full of fresh blueberries to use but I am sure you could also use frozen but you’ll get a fresher flavor with fresh berries of course!
How to Make Blueberry Ice Cream
What Kind of Ice Cream Maker Do you Use?
I made the ice cream in my 2 qt. Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.
I love storing my ice cream in this container. Keeps it fresh in the freezer.
Not only is this delicious but it is so darn pretty! Totally love the color.
Check out more easy ice cream recipes:
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- Lemon Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Soda Pop Ice Cream
- You can find all my ice cream recipes here.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking de
Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
Fresh Blueberry Ice Cream
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Puree blueberries in blender.
- Add pureed blueberries and sugar in sauce pan and stir, warming until sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate mixture until cold.
- Add in vanilla, salt, milk, 1/2 and 1/2 and cream. Mix.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn.
- Freeze to allow ice cream to set up and ripen.