Lemon Blueberry Muffins are a great way to start your day! Delicious traditional flavors in an easy to bake muffin.
We love the flavor combination of lemon and blueberry. These Lemon Blueberry Scones are light and tender. Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake is one of my popular cake posts and this Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake is another perfect breakfast treat.
Easy Blueberry Lemon Muffins
I am a lemon lover and it is not only my favorite spring flavor but I enjoy lemon all year long. One of my favorite flavor combinations is lemon and blueberry and those flavors come together perfectly in these lemon blueberry muffins! The addition of lemon zest and a small amount of nutmeg makes for amazing flavor when combined with the blueberries.
This muffin has the perfect texture. The addition of oil to the batter makes for a lighter and more tender muffin.
And I have to say I think they were just darn pretty! The addition of a little nutmeg and lemon zest into the batter gives the muffin a wonderful flavor and then it is topped off with a lemon glaze.
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Mix together your muffin batter. The important thing with muffins is that you don’t overmix the batter. Just mix until ingredients are combined.
- Fold the berries into the batter so you don’t smash the berries too much.
- Fill the muffin tin 2/3 full of batter.
- Allow muffins to cool before glazing.
Tips for Making Blueberry Muffins
- Mix muffins by hand. You want to avoid over mixing as that can make a tough muffin. Using a mixer can lead to over mixing.
- Drain blueberries first if using frozen berries. This recipe will work with fresh or frozen berries.
- Scoop your batter using a scoop like this to make sure your muffins are evenly sized. Fill the muffin tin 2/3 full.
These muffins are the perfect addition to breakfast or brunch or an after school treat.
Make sure to check out more of my muffins:
Be sure and follow me on YouTube for lots of recipe videos!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store. Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries can also use frozen drain well
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and lemon zest
- In another bowl mix together oil, egg, vanilla and milk
- Add liquid into flour mixture and mix until just combined
- Gently fold in blueberries
- Fill lined or greased muffin tins
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool
- When muffins are cooled, drizzle with glaze
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar together until a good consistency to drizzle with
Originally posted April 1, 2014
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, party ideas and travel tips and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Leave a Review