Lemon Blueberry Muffins are a great way to start your day! Delicious traditional flavors in an easy to bake muffin.
After a few spring like days here in Portland I have a definite case of Spring Fever. And with Spring Fever comes a longing for lemons. Lemons and Spring just go together and so do lemons and blueberries – yum!! But lemon blueberry muffins? Even better!
Today’s muffin is a result of Spring Fever. This is a recipe that I have made many times. Years ago, I played around with this muffin recipe a few times to get the texture just right. My first attempt was just a little too dense but the second one was just right. And I have been making these delicious lemon blueberry muffins ever since! The addition of some oil to the batter makes for a lighter, moister muffin.
And I have to say I think they were just darn pretty! The addition of a little nutmeg and lemon zest into the batter gives the muffin a wonderful flavor and then it is topped off with a lemon glaze. And of course those blueberries don’t hurt either!
Make sure to check out more of my muffins:
Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Lemon Blueberry Muffins}Muffin Monday
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 20 minutes
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and lemon zest
- In another bowl mix together oil, egg and milk
- Add liquid into flour mixture and mix until just combined
- Gently fold in blueberries
- Fill lined or greased muffin tins
- Bake and cool
- When muffins are almost totally cooled, just slightly warm drizzle with glaze
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar together until a good consistency to drizzle with
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.