One giant snickerdoodle cookie is guaranteed to curb any cookie craving you might have. It’s six inches big and there is enough to share, if you want.
I have made more than my share of Snickerdoodle cookies over the years. It was the favorite cookie of one of my son’s and his group of friends and there was a always a batch or two coming out of the oven when they were hanging out at our house.
I no longer have groups of teenagers hanging out eating cookies at my house but I still enjoy a sugary cinnamon Snickerdoodle now and then.
That’s where this giant snickerdoodle cookie recipe comes in handy.
When that cookie craving hits I don’t want two dozen cookies hanging around. My self control is somewhat lacking. Being able to make one giant, single serve cookie has been life changing!! Within about 20 minutes I can have a fresh baked cookie, right out of the oven that is the perfect amount for myself and enough to share with Jim.
Sometimes I make it and hide half for later, please don’t tell my husband.
Giant Cookie Ingredients
- Butter, softened
- Sugar, granulated and brown sugar
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon Sugar. Combo of sugar and cinnamon
How to Make a Giant Cookie
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp beaten egg. Use the instructions in this post to freeze the remaining egg for later.
- Add in extract. I will use either vanilla or almond.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Form dough into a ball and roll into cinnamon sugar.
- Press dough into a 4 inch round disc.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet in a 350 degree F oven for 13-14 minutes.
Cookie will be golden brown around edges and soft in the middle.
Can I Make Two Cookies Instead of One?
One cookie measures six inches across and you can definitely divide the dough in half and make two cookies if you prefer.
Be sure and check out my recipe for other Giant Individual Sized Cookies:
Giant Sugar Cookie
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Giant Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Giant Snickerdoodle Cookie
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp beaten egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour plus 1 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine softened butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add in vanilla and beaten egg. Mix to combine.
- Mix in dry ingredients except for cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Cover dough with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes