One giant snickerdoodle cookie is guaranteed to curb any cookie craving you might have. It’s six inches big and there is enough to share, if you want.
I have made more than my share of Snickerdoodle cookies over the years. It was the favorite cookie of one of my son’s and his group of friends and there was a always a batch or two coming out of the oven when they were hanging out at our house.
I no longer have groups of teenagers hanging out eating cookies at my house but I still enjoy a sugary cinnamon Snickerdoodle now and then.
That’s where this giant snickerdoodle cookie recipe comes in handy.
When that cookie craving hits I don’t want two dozen cookies hanging around. My self control is somewhat lacking. Being able to make one giant, single serve cookie has been life changing!! Within about 20 minutes I can have a fresh baked cookie, right out of the oven that is the perfect amount for myself and enough to share with Jim.
Sometimes I make it and hide half for later, please don’t tell my husband.
Giant Cookie Ingredients
- Butter, softened
- Sugar, granulated and brown sugar
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon Sugar. Combo of sugar and cinnamon
How to Make a Giant Cookie
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp beaten egg. Use the instructions in this post to freeze the remaining egg for later.
- Add in extract. I will use either vanilla or almond.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Form dough into a ball and roll into cinnamon sugar.
- Press dough into a 4 inch round disc.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet in a 350 degree F oven for 13-14 minutes.
Cookie will be golden brown around edges and soft in the middle.
- Measure your ingredients carefully. A little too much or not enough of something can make a big difference in small batch recipes.
- If you prefer, you can make your one giant cookie into two smaller cookies. Baking time may vary.
- I always mix my small batch cookies by hand in a bowl. You could also use a hand mixer.
- Press the dough down into a 3-4 inch disc before baking.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy removal of the cookie.
Be sure and check out my recipe for other Giant Individual Sized Cookies:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Giant Snickerdoodle Cookie
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp beaten egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour plus 1 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine softened butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add in vanilla and beaten egg. Mix to combine.
- Mix in dry ingredients except for cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Cover dough with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes