This Giant Peanut Butter Cookie is the size of your hand and the perfect size cookie for 1-2 people, depending on if you want to share.
Single Serve Peanut Butter Cookie
When that cookie craving hits, it can hit fast and hard. Try as you might, nothing will get rid of it except for a cookie. But you only need and want one cookie, not two dozen cookies.
That is where today’s recipe for a giant peanut butter cookie comes to the rescue!!
After becoming empty nesters I quickly learned that it was dangerous baking my full size peanut butter cookie recipe. I discovered my will power was not as good as I thought it was and I ended up eating more than one cookie. I started delivering plates of cookies to my neighbors so that I didn’t eat the entire batch. My neighbors were definitely not complaining though!
I decided that, despite how much I love sharing my baked goods, sometimes I wanted to make only one cookie, one single serving cookie, that I could share with Jim if I wanted.
How Big Is a Giant Cookie?
This recipe makes a 6 inch cookie which is plenty to share. You could also make two smaller size cookies instead of one big cookie.
How to Make A Giant Peanut Butter Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the softened butter, peanut butter and sugars. I do this by hand.
- Add in 1 Tbsp beaten egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Form dough into one large ball, or two smaller balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Dip a fork into water and then into granulated sugar and press down on ball of dough. Press into a 3 inch round disc.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool.
In less than 20 minutes you can totally satisfy that cookie craving and you don’t have to worry about eating too many cookies.
You can enjoy this individual peanut butter cookie all by yourself or if you are feeling generous, share half with someone else!
What Do I Do With Leftover Egg?
No one wants to be wasteful so if you aren’t planning on making an omelet or another giant cookie, you can freeze the remaining egg for the next time that cookie craving hits.
A large egg is about 4 Tbsp of beaten egg.
How to Freeze Eggs
- Take the remaining beaten egg and an ice cube tray and fill each ice cube section with 1 Tbsp of beaten egg.
- Place ice cube tray in the freezer.
- Once frozen, remove each frozen egg and place into a freezer zippered bag.
- When you are ready to bake another cookie, remove one frozen cube of egg and allow it to thaw before adding it into cookie dough.
Peanut Butter Cookie Add Ins
- Chocolate Chips
- M & M’s
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chopped Peanuts
- Peanut Butter Cups, cut up
For other Single Serve Cookie Recipes try:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Giant Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Giant Peanut Butter Cookie
- 2 Tbsp salted butter softened
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour plus 1 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine butter with peanut butter and sugars. Mix until creamy
- Mix in egg and vanilla
- Add in dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Form into a large ball.
- Wet a fork and then dip into sugar.
- With fork, press ball of dough into a 3 Inch wide disc on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until cookie is lightly browned around edges and soft in the middle