Chocolate Syrup Brownies are moist and full of chocolate goodness. My mother’s go to brownie recipe will become you favorite brownie recipe!
Brownies come in all different shapes and forms. If you need to feed a lot of people these Brownies for a Crowd are perfect. Caramel Brownies are ooey, gooey amazing and made with a cake mix. If you are a mint fan you must try these Mint Chocolate Brownies.
This chocolate syrup brownie recipe has been our family’s go to brownie recipe since I was a child. It is the only brownie recipe my mom ever made and my go to brownie recipe. I always keep a can of Hershey’s chocolate syrup on my pantry shelf so that I can make these Hershey Syrup brownies whenever the craving strikes. Thanks to the chocolate syrup, these brownies are the perfect balance between a cake like brownie and fudgey brownie and the chocolate level is perfect. They are definitely Best Brownies. I can call them this because this is my mother’s recipe and our last name is Best! But I can also call them that because they are divine!
Hershey Syrup Brownies
The only chocolate you need for these brownies is one can of chocolate syrup and then a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for the frosting, no cocoa powder required. My mom will put nuts in the brownies sometimes but I am not a fan of nuts in my baked goods so I always leave them out.
How to Make Hershey Syrup Brownies
- Cream together you butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Mixing the eggs in one at a time ensure they mix in with the butter and not just with each other.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spread brownie batter into a 9 x 13 pan that has been coated in baking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- After the brownies have cooled, use a knife or offset spatula to spread frosting evenly over the brownies.
- Allow frosting to set up before cutting brownies into squares.
Brownie Making Tips
- Beat batter just until all your ingredients are incorporated. Over beating creates air in the batter and will give you more of a cake like brownie. These brownies are more fudgy.
- Rotating the pan half way through the baking time will help with more evenly baked brownies.
- Don’t over bake and dry your brownies out. Brownies are done when the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and the center is set, not wiggly. When you insert a toothpick there should still be a smear of brown color on the toothpick, but not wet batter. These brownies are fudgy so if the toothpick comes out totally clean they are probably over baked.
A good brownie recipe is a must have for every cook so if you don”t have one- now you do!
Some of my other favorite bar cookies:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Chocolate Syrup Brownie Recipe
Chocolate Syrup Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate syrup equivalent to 1 16 oz. can
- 1 cup flour plus 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 cup nuts optional
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts optional
- Cream together butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Beat in 4 eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla, syrup, flour and nuts if desired.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before frosting
- In a saucepan mix together sugar and milk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add butter and chocolate chips
- Stir until smooth and thick enough to spread.
- Add nuts if desired
- Spread on brownies after brownies have cooled
Originally posted April 13, 2012
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.