These raspberry cream cheese brownies are divine. A perfect combination of flavors.Over the years, I’ve done the food and cooking for a lot of church events, especially luncheons and dinners for the women’s group. Several years ago, I did the menu for a women’s meeting and we decided to do a dessert bar. I worked hard coming up with the perfect dessert menu for the event and I did a lot of experimenting too. We decided we didn’t want to have to deal with utensils so we wanted all the desserts to be finger foods, things you could just pick up and eat. These yummy Key Lime Bars definitely made the cut out of all the recipes I tested and so did this recipe for raspberry cream cheese brownies. I knew that chocolate had to be part of the dessert menu. What would a church event for women be without chocolate?!?
A member of my food committee for the event shared this yummy recipe with me. Not only did it make the cut but it was definitely one of the most popular items on the dessert bar. You know it’s a good one when you get lots of requests for the recipe. Believe it or not I’m not a fan of a lot of chocolate. I like my chocolate combined with other things and the combination of cheese cake, raspberries and chocolate in these bar cookies is perfection.
How to make Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies
- These bars start with a brownie base and then are topped with a cheesecake like mixture.
- Let your cream cheese sit out for a few hours to make sure it is nice and soft before mixing. You don’t want any lumps in your cream cheese!
- Top your brownie base with the cream cheese mixture and then add the remaining 1/3 cup of brownie mixture on top by the spoonful. Take a knife and swirl through the brownie mixture and the cream cheese.
- Add your raspberries on top and gently push them into the mixture.
- Allow to cool before cutting and if there are any brownies left at the end of the day, refrigerate them overnight because of the cream cheese.
Can I use frozen raspberries?
Yes! I’ve used fresh and frozen raspberries and they both worked fine, just make sure to thaw and drain them if they were frozen.
What is the easiest way to cleanly cut brownies?
- Allow brownies to totally cool to room temperature or chill in the refrigerator.
- Use a disposable plastic knife, the kind you just throw away. A friend of mine shared this tip with me a few years ago and it works!
- If the knife picks up any crumbs while cutting just wipe them off before your next cut.
Other favorite bar cookies:
Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownie Recipe
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.