Craving brownies but don’t want or need a whole pan? These small batch brownies are the answer! They are chewy and chocolatey and there is only enough for two!
Sometimes you just need some chocolate and a brownie is the perfect way to satisfy that craving. The problem is, you don’t need or want an entire 9 x 13 pan full of brownies. You only need enough for you and one to share. These Small Batch Brownies are the answer. This recipe is made in a 9 x 5 ” loaf pan. It makes 2 large brownies or 4 smaller brownies.
This recipe makes a thinner, chewier brownie. If you are a fan of thick, cake like brownies I’ll have a small batch recipe for that style coming soon.
How to Make Small Batch Brownies
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non stick baking spray or line with a piece of parchment paper. If I am using parchment paper I also spray the pan.
- Mix together brownie batter and spoon into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely. While cooling, prepare frosting. Be sure and use softened butter for the frosting for smooth frosting.
- Add in just enough milk or whipping cream to get a good smooth, consistency for the frosting. Spread onto cooled brownies.
If you prefer, rather than frosting the brownies, you can top the batter with toffee bits or M & M’s before baking. You can always leave the brownies plain too. They are delicious plain, frosted or with candy added on top. I especially love them with a scoop of ice cream on top and some chocolate sauce drizzled over it.
All you need to do is cut them in half or in fourths and you’ve got a delicious, chewy, chocolatey treat.
Small batch brownies are perfect when there is just you or two of you. If you have a houseful, they are perfect when you have that chocolate craving and you just need enough for yourself.
For other delicious brownie recipes check out these
Small Batch Chocolate Brownies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2-3 tsp milk or whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non stick baking spray or line with a piece of parchment paper.
- Mix together brownie ingredients and spoon into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- While cooling, prepare frosting by combining softened butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Add in enough milk or whipping cream to get a nice consistency, add in one tsp at a time.
- Once brownies have cooled, frost and enjoy!