Craving brownies but don’t want or need a whole pan? These small batch brownies are the answer! They are chewy and chocolatey and there is only enough for two!
If you are looking for other small batch recipes be sure and check out these small batch dinner rolls. I have a yummy small batch orange roll recipe too and if you need dessert for just a few this small batch apple crisp is the answer.
Brownies for Two
Sometimes you just need some chocolate and a brownie is the perfect way to satisfy that craving. The problem is, you don’t need or want an entire 9 x 13 pan full of brownies. You only need enough for you and one to share. These Small Batch Brownies are the answer. This recipe is made in a 9 x 5 ” loaf pan. It makes 2 large brownies or 4 smaller brownies.
This recipe makes a thinner, chewier brownie. If you are a fan of thick, cake like brownies I’ll have a small batch recipe for that style coming soon.
How to Make Small Batch Brownies
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non stick baking spray or line with a piece of parchment paper. If I am using parchment paper I also spray the pan.
- Mix together brownie batter and spoon into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely. While cooling, prepare frosting. Be sure and use softened butter for the frosting for smooth frosting.
- Add in just enough milk or whipping cream to get a good smooth, consistency for the frosting. Spread onto cooled brownies.
If you prefer, rather than frosting the brownies, you can top the batter with toffee bits or M & M’s before baking. You can always leave the brownies plain too. They are delicious plain, frosted or with candy added on top. I especially love them with a scoop of ice cream on top and some chocolate sauce drizzled over it.
All you need to do is cut them in half or in fourths and you’ve got a delicious, chewy, chocolatey treat.
Small batch brownies are perfect when there is just you or two of you. If you have a houseful, they are perfect when you have that chocolate craving and you just need enough for yourself.
For other delicious brownie recipes check out these:
Small Batch Brownie Recipe
Small Batch Chocolate Brownies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2-3 tsp milk or whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non stick baking spray or line with a piece of parchment paper.
- Mix together brownie ingredients and spoon into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- While cooling, prepare frosting by combining softened butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Add in enough milk or whipping cream to get a nice consistency, add in one tsp at a time.
- Once brownies have cooled, frost and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!