With just a few secret ingredients, a boxed cake mix becomes the best chocolate cake recipe you have ever tasted. This will become your go to recipe chocolate cake.
Yesterday was Hannah’s birthday. I told Hannah I would make her a birthday cake to celebrate. When I asked her what flavor cake she wanted, she didn’t hesitate, the answer was chocolate! Probably because I have the best chocolate cake recipe ever!
Hannah has been our next door neighbor for over 25 years. She is like my third daughter. She and my oldest daughter have been best friends since they were 4. We invited some of the other neighbors over to help celebrate Hannah’s birthday and eat all the cake. You can always tell how good this cake is by all the oohing and aahing that comes from the guests as they eat this chocolate cake!
I don’t often make chocolate cake for myself. If I am going to choose the flavor of cake it usually ends up being lemon. But I have to say that even I can appreciate how good this chocolate cake is. This is the best chocolate cake recipe I have ever tried!
Easy Chocolate Cake
The best part is that this recipe starts with a Devil Food’s cake mix! So easy! It is then doctored up with some chocolate pudding and sour cream. And did I mention it also has chocolate chips in it?!n Just for good measure!
Then I cover all that chocolate goodness with some yummy, fluffy buttercream frosting and no one can resist this cake! My neighbor turned this cake recipe into cupcakes and entered them into a dessert contest at work and won! This recipe is definitely prize worthy.
And just to top it off with some sprinkles! Perfection!
Some of my other favorite cakes include:
Some of the kitchen tools I use to make the BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE:
6 PIECE MEASURING CUP SET – Everyone needs at least one set of measuring cups, I have 4 sets!
MAGNETIC MEASURING SPOONS – I love these things. They are magnetic so they stay together in the drawer!
9 INCH CAKE PAN – Works great for cakes but I also like putting dinner rolls in it.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
With just a few secret ingredients, a boxed cake mix becomes the best chocolate cake recipe you have ever tasted.
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 small pkg Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 C canola oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 C butter
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bow mix together all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into a buttered and floured cake pan
I used two 9-inch cake pans
- For cooking time, use the cooking times on the back of the cake box as a guide and add about 10 minutes to that. Check for doneness using a tooth pick.)
- In a mixer cream butter until fluffy
- Add sugar and continue creaming until well blended
- Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream
- Blend on low speed until moistened. and then beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!