Flourless chocolate cake is a dense, rich, decadent chocolate dessert. And it’s also naturally gluten free.
Flourless Chocolate Cake is dream come true for all chocolate lovers. The chocolate level on this is intense and the richness level is amazing. You may think you only need a few bites but I guarantee you are going to want to eat the whole thing! I do cut the pieces fairly small and that way I don’t feel bad about eating a second piece!
They call this cake but I think it’s more like eating a delicious piece of chocolate fudge in a cake like form!
The Best Flourless Chocolate Cake
This is the perfect dessert to serve your chocolate loving friends, your gluten free friends, just about any friend! Your friends and family are going to think you are so fancy. Flourless Chocolate Cake is often found on the menus of the swankiest restaurants in town and top notch bakeries. As fancy as it looks and tastes, it is super easy to make. It only has 5 ingredients:
- vanilla extract
To finish it off, I gave it a dusting of powdered sugar and some fresh berries on top and you’ve got the perfect dessert for any occasion.
How to Make Flourless Chocolate Cake
- I used an 8 inch round cake pan. You can also use a springform pan. I greased my pan, lined the bottom of it with parchment paper and then greased the parchment paper. I wanted to make sure it came out of the pan!
- Use high quality chocolate. I like to use the squares of semisweet baking chocolate instead of chips but chips would probably work too.
- To make the cake not quite as dense, I like to separate my eggs and beat the egg whites to a nice soft peak and then fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- You can melt your chocolate and butter in a double boiler or or in the microwave.
- I like to serve the cake chilled but you can always eat it warm too. It is fudgier if it is chilled.
Is Flourless Chocolate Cake Gluten Free?
Yes, it is. Just like it’s name says there is no flour in this cake! But it is so delicious no one will ever know, so even your gluten eating friends and family are going to love it too!
If you like this recipe you may also like:
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 inch round cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper.
- In a double boiler or in a bowl in the microwave, melt chocolate and butter together.
- Separate eggs. Remove chocolate from heat and stir in sugar, egg yolks and vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until fluffy and a soft peak forms. Fold egg white mixture gently into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled.
- Before serving, remove from refrigerator and allow it to set at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and top with berries and serve.
- Can also be reheated in the microwave.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.