Roasted Corn Salad is the perfect side for all your summer cookouts and BBQ’s during corn season.
I believe in taking full of advantage of corn on the cob season. I can’t wait for it to make it’s appearance at our local farmer’s market. My favorite is the bi color corn – both yellow and white. I’ve been buying a bag full every week since it first showed up!
We’ve had several fun potluck BBQ’s and cookouts lately and with another one coming up over Labor Day weekend, I’ve had plenty of opportunities to make this salad. Potlucks are one of my favorite times to try new recipes.
I had bookmarked this recipe for fresh roasted corn awhile ago and figured I better give it a try while I could still get fresh local corn.
The salad was a hit at the potluck and I took home an empty dish – always a good sign.
For this recipe, I husked the corn and then popped it right on the hot grill. I didn’t add any oil or butter, just the husked corn. You want to roast it until you can smell the sweetness of the corn and the kernels start to get charred.
I put Jim in charge of the roasting. He got a little distracted by some of the weeds in the garden and when he came back a couple of the ears were on fire! Fortunately we had a few extra ears!! The salad is a combination of the roasted corn, red pepper, red onion , jalapeno, cilantro and a yummy creamy dressing.
The best part of this salad is the yummy vinaigrette, thanks to lime juice, the flavor is amazing and the combination of the corn, red onion, red pepper and the lime in the vinaigrette is wonderful!!
It’s best if you can let the roasted corn salad refrigerate for 12-24 hours before serving. It helps all the flavors meld together but I don’t always plan that far ahead and it still tastes great if you just mix it together and eat it!
This recipe originally appeared on the blog on September 15, 2009.
Some of my other favorite corn salad recipes:
- Blueberry and Corn Salad (trust me on this one)
- Roasted Mexican Corn Salad
- Roasted Corn Summer Salad
- Frito Corn Salad from Spend with Pennies
- Tomato, Peach and Corn Salad from Two Peas and their Pod
Roasted Corn Salad
WP Recipe Maker #51191
- 5 ears corn on the cob shucked
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded & diced
- 1/2 cup red onion minced
- 1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 C light mayonnaise
- 1/2 C seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs granulated white sugar
- 3 medium limes zest and juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grill the corn, dry, no oil.
- Cut the kernels off of the corn after grilling and place them in a large bowl
- Add the bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeno
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lime zest and juice
- Whisk to combine the dressing ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables (you may wish to dress the salad lightly and not use all of the dressing, so add a little and then assess if it needs more) and toss gently
- Servings: 8
- Flavors are better if make it 12 to 24 hours ahead of time
I found this roasted corn salad recipe over at Recipe Girl.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!