Baked Oatmeal is the perfect way to start the morning. Top it with your favorite fruit and you have a delicious breakfast.
If you are looking for other baked oatmeal flavor variations, check out this delicious Pecan Maple Baked Oatmeal too. Other favorite ways to enjoy oatmeal for breakfast is in this Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes and these Oatmeal Waffles.
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Years ago, my daughter was having a lot of stomach issues and a naturopath we were seeing told us that it is important to warm up your “fires” every morning. One good way to do that is with a warm bowl of oatmeal. In looking for a little variation on the oatmeal theme I made a batch of baked oatmeal. You see, truth be told, I don’t care for oatmeal. It’s mainly the texture I don’t like but it’s just not a very pretty food either! But I discovered, when you bake it, not only does it have better texture but it’s a whole lot prettier too! And it is a perfect way to warm up those “fires” in the morning.
I also love the versatility of baked oatmeal. The variations are only limited by what you have in your pantry. Add in fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, and chocolate. The possibilities are pretty endless. Besides the flexibility, it comes together in minutes and after it is baked it stores great in the fridge for several days and is easy to reheat. Sounds like the perfect breakfast solution, doesn’t it!?
How to Make Baked Oatmeal
- Mix together the honey, melted butter and eggs. You can use brown sugar instead of honey.
- Add in oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and milk. You can substitute almond milk for regular milk if you prefer.
- Add in fruit. For this recipe I used blueberries but you could get creative with the fruit you add in. You could use diced apples, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, or mangos.
I have never been a big oatmeal fan, it’s a texture issue for me. But I was pleasantly surprised with the Baked Oatmeal. I tried it and I liked it and I felt so healthy eating it. I think I may be an oatmeal convert!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
And check out more of my favorite breakfast recipes:
Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a bowl mix together the butter, honey and eggs
- Add in the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and the milk
- Mix and then fold in fruit of choice
- Bake in a lightly greased 8 x 8 pan at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown
- May be served with milk and more fruit on top!
Originally posted May 19, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!