Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup is a fun twist on the traditional chicken noodle soup. It’s the perfect comfort food to make in the crock pot.
When cold weather hits, it is time to break out all of your best soup recipes. This chicken tortellini soup is one of my favorite ways to switch up a favorite recipe. If you love chicken noodle soup, bring a new dimension to it by replacing the noodles with cheese tortellini.
And to make it even easier, this recipe is made completely with your slow cooker. This is also a great recipe to use up leftover chicken or leftover turkey if you have it on hand.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cheese Tortellini
- Chicken Broth
- Diced Tomatos
- Red Pepper
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Add all ingredients except for cheese tortellini into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and add cheese tortellini.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes and serve.
Check out more of my favorite slow cooker soup recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Crockpot Chipotle Butternut Squash Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 1 lb.
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrotts peeled and diced
- 1 cup red pepper diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 12 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cheese tortellini
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except for cheese tortellini
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and add cheese tortellini. Cook for an additional 30 minutes and serve.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste