Make a pot of homemade Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup in minutes! It’s loaded with tender chicken, vegetables and noodles, the perfect prescription for whatever ails you!
Making soup in my Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to use it. It is so easy! This Instant Pot Tomato Soup is definitely one of my go to soups, just add a grilled cheese sandwich. I also love this Instant Pot Butternut Squash soup and Instant Pot Turkey Chili for a cold winter’s day. Find all my Instant Pot recipes here.
Cold and flu season is definitely in full force. We’ve been able to avoid it so far at our house, knock on wood! I remember as a little girl, whenever we were home sick from school there was always a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some saltine crackers. The soup usually came out of a can so being able to make up a delicious pot of Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is just what the doctor ordered and so much better than what comes out of the can!
Health Benefits of Chicken Noodle Soup
I am not a medical professional but I do believe that chicken noodle soup is good for you and I know that it always makes me feel better.
- Studies have found chicken noodle soup to have anti inflammatory properties.
- Carrots and celery have lots of vitamins and are good for you.
- Warm chicken broth can loosen congestion and is also an anti-inflammatory
- Chicken has lots of protein which strengthens you and gives you energy
Whether these claims are true or not, I know that enjoying a bowl of chicken noodle soup always makes me feel better!!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Set your Instant Pot on Saute and add in your olive oil, carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minute or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in your water, chicken broth, seasonings and chicken. I add in the skinless, boneless chicken breasts whole but you can cut them up into 2-3 pieces if you like. If they are frozen I would cut them into 2-3 smaller pieces.
- Put on the lid and set your Instant Pot on the Soup setting for 7 minutes. Do a 10 minute natural release and then a quick release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with two forks.
- Add in your noodles. Turn Instant Pot to Saute, allow soup to come to a boil and cook the noodles for about 5 minutes. Cook them until they are al dente, not too soft as they will continue to soften up as they sit in the broth. Add chicken back into soup.
Can I make this soup without an Instant Pot?
Absolutely, You can find my stove top version of Chicken Noodle Soup here.
For some other delicious soup recipes, try these:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 tsp salt more to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves dried
- 1 tsp rosemary dried
- 2 Tbsp parsley dried
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 4 oz. wide egg noodles
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Add olive oil, carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft and translucent., 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth, water and seasonings.
- Add in chicken. Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to SOUP setting for 7 minutes.
- Do a 10 minute natural release and then a quick release.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute and add in noodles. Uncovered, allow soup to boil and cook until noodles are al dente.
- Add chicken to soup. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.