Lemon Poppyseed Bread is a sure sign that spring is here!
Nothing says Easter and springtime more than lemon!
We love lemon anything at our house, be it sweet or savory.
I especially like my lemon when it’s combined with poppy seeds!
If you are looking for a nice, light sweet bread to include in your Easter Brunch/Breakfast menu this weekend you might want to consider a loaf of Lemon Poppy Seed Bread.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it has a nice light lemon flavor. Even non lemon lovers may enjoy it. There is lemon peel in the batter and then a nice sugary, lemony coating on top that soaks into the bread as it cools creating a lovely sugary topping to the bread.
The recipe calls to divide the batter among four small mini loaf pans. It makes it easy to wrap them up and give them as gifts to friends and neighbors.
So it’s up to you, enjoy all four loaves yourself (I promise I won’t tell) or wrap up a loaf or two and share this lemon goodness with someone!
You can also just make one large loaf of lemon poppyseed bread and that way you don’t have to share!
If you need a set of mini loaf pans check out these.
- 2 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1 C butter softened
- 3/4 C milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 C sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of four (5 1/2 x 3 inch) mini loaf pans. Set aside.
- Combine all bread ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until well mixed.
- Spread batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl.
- Drizzle over warm bread loaves. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!