Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread is all your childhood favorites in one place!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread reminds me of my childhood. I was a peanut butter and jelly girl. I don’t think I ever took any other kind of sandwich to school. It was usually grape jelly but as I got older I expanded to strawberry and raspberry. I have never been a fan of deli meat sandwiches and I’m still not. Given the choice, I’ll take peanut butter and jelly over any other kind of sandwich.
For those of you who know me well, I don’t eat bananas. I love the flavor of banana I just can’t handle the texture. So my favorite way to eat a banana is in banana bread. In fact, I have a banana bread recipe here on the blog that is the BEST banana bread. Don’t just believe me, read the comments and you will see I’m not exaggerating! It’s my mom’s recipe and our family has been making it for years!
I decided to make a fun variation on our favorite banana bread and add in my favorite sandwich ingredients – Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread! There is creamy peanut butter and crunchy peanuts in the bread as well as a swirl of strawberry jam and a glaze of strawberry jam over the top for even more goodness. The main trick is not to over mix. It toughens the final product so just mix until incorporated.
Here are some of my other favorite banana recipes:
My favorite kitchen items I used to make this PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY BANANA BREAD:
9 x 5 CERAMIC LOAF PAN – the perfect size for the perfect loaf of bread.
PYREX BOWLS – I love my Pyrex bowls and actually own a couple of sets. Perfect for mixing or serving.
MINI FOOD PROCESSOR – this is the perfect thing for making graham cracker crumbs, mashing bananas, chopping up nuts and all those small jobs that you don’t need a full size food processor for. I use this baby a lot!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread Recipe
Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom of a 9 x 5 bread pan.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine vanilla, eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, oil and peanut butter. Stir to combine.
- Fold in peanuts and add wet mixture to dry mixture. Stir just to combine.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the strawberry jam. Use a knife to swirl the jam into the batter.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cover with foil for last 15 minutes to prevent it from getting too brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan when completely cool.
- In a small pan heat up the remaining jam and brush over the top of the loaf before slicing.