Easter Bark is a fun addition to your Easter celebration. It comes together in minutes using vanilla candy coating, cookies, pretzels and M & M’s.
For other fun Easter treats be sure and check out Golden Oreo Easter Egg Truffles are the perfect thing to make with your leftover Oreos. You can also dip those Oreos in chocolate like I did here.
I thought my cookie bark days were over but when my neighbor called to let me know there was Easter candy corn at the grocery store I had to do it – I had to make some Bunny Cookie Bark!
Easter Bark Ingredients
- Vanilla Candy Coating. You can also use white chocolate if you prefer.
- Pretzels. I like the stick pretzels
- Golden Oreos
- Easter M & M’s
How to Make Easter Bark
Spread. Spread your broken cookies, pretzels and M & M’s onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Melt. Melt your candy coating in the microwave. I like to do it on high power just a minute at a time. Stopping to stir after each minute.
Pour. Pour the melted candy coating mixture over the ingredients on baking sheet.
Use a spatula to make sure to make sure that everything gets melted coating on it.
Sprinkle. While the coating is still warm, sprinkle with M & M’s and sprinkles.
Chill. Allow the Easter Bark to set up. If you are in a hurry, you can put it in the refrigerator to set up quicker.
Break. After it is set up break the Easter Bark into serving size pieces.
Other Easter Bark Mix Ins:
If you prefer you can use jelly beans, broken malted milk balls, mini marshmallows or any Easter candy you may have on hand in place of the M & M’s.
I used Golden Oreos but you could also use Chocolate Oreos. You can get creative with your cookies too and even use Vanilla Wafers.
How to Store Easter Bark
Easter Bark can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for two weeks. If you need to store it for longer, put it in the freezer where it will last for up to six months. It’s a great make ahead treat to gift during the Easter season.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Easter Bark Recipe
- 14 Golden Oreos broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
- 1 lb. candy coating almond bark or melts found in the bulk food section
- 1 cup M & M's
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about 3/4 C of the M & M's onto the paper.
- Place white chocolate in a bowl and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth. White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than regular chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining M & M's and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet. Do not let it harden.
- Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm. Remove and gently break bark into small pieces.
- Store in air tight container.
Originally published March 24, 2010
Leave a Review