This Lucky Leprechaun Bark is the perfect way to catch a Leprechaun! Made with chocolate, pretzels, cookies and candy this bark is as much fun as it is to eat.
This Leprechaun cookie bark is a fun and easy way to create a treat for your St Patrick’s Day celebration. I’m not a huge fan of turning all my food green for St. Patrick’s Day so this is a way to celebrate with out using green food coloring!
It only takes a few minutes to make and it is a perfect treat to share.
Leprechaun Bark Ingredients
Chocolate. I use candy melts but you can also use Almond Bark or chocolate chips. The candy melts and bark melt more smoothly.
Cookies. I used chocolate Oreos but you could use a mint Oreo.
Candy. Skittles are rainbow colored which is perfect but you could also use green M & M’s. The little rainbow sour candy is a fun addition.
Sprinkles. The little Shamrock sprinkles were a fun addition.
How to Make Leprechaun Bark
Place broken cookies and pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet
Melt the chocolate or candy melts in the microwave.
Pour melted chocolate over the top.
Spread the chocolate with a spatula to make sure everything gets covered with chocolate.
Sprinkle. While the chocolate is warm, sprinkle with candy and sprinkles. Allow chocolate to set up. You can speed up the process by placing it in the refrigerator.
After the bark has hardened, use a knife to cut the bark into pieces or break by hand.
Candy Bark Variations
Leprechaun Cookie Bark Recipe
Leprechaun Cookie Bark
- 14 cookies broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
- 1 lb. candy melts almond bark or candy melts
- 1 cup Skittles
- 1/2 cup rainbow sour candies
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spread broken cookies, and pretzels onto parchment paper
- Place chocolate melts in a container and microwave for 1 1/2 minute or until melted
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly
- Sprinkle remaining candy and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet
- Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm
- Remove and gently break bark into small pieces
- Store in air tight container