I have been using this banana bread recipe for thirty years. It has amazing texture and flavor. And I know that you will agree that this recipe makes the very BEST banana bread.
What do you do with a ripe banana or two? Make banana bread of course. And I have the BEST recipe ever for you! I can call it that because my maiden name is Best – so I guess every recipe I have could be called the BEST recipe.
But seriously, this recipe is the BEST! I have been making this recipe for years years. The recipe came from one of those little softcover recipe books you can buy in the grocery store line.
Everyone I have ever made this bread for LOVES it and asks for the recipe. In fact, my friend Allison emailed me the other day asking for it and I promised her it would be on the blog this week.
Last summer when my friend’s teenage daughter had ACL repair surgery the one thing she asked for after her surgery was my banana bread. Of course there was a warm loaf waiting for her when she got home from the hospital.
So, if you have some ripe bananas on your counter you now know what to do with them and if you don’t have any – go buy some today!
Do you eat your banana bread with or without butter? I’m a butter girl myself.
Check out more of my other favorite quick bread recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Best Banana Bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour bottom of 9 x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar and oil. Add in eggs, banana, sour cream and vanilla. Blend well.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes of until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely. Makes 1 loaf.