S’mores Cookies are the perfect thing when a chocolate craving hits! Chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker crumbs in one cookie and there is no campfire required.
Enjoying the flavor of a s’more without a campfire is something you can do all year round. This S’mores Skillet is one great way. S’more’s Dip is prefect for a party and these Mini S’mores Tarts are so cute and delicious!
I was having a bit of a chocolate craving on Sunday. Although I like chocolate I usually will choose another flavor over chocolate but on Sunday the only flavor that would satisfy was chocolate.
One of my favorite things to add to chocolate is marshmallows. I love a bowl of chocolate ice cream with a handful of mini marshmallows all mixed up together. I’ve eaten it that way since I was a kid.
Well what is one of the first things that comes to mind when you think of chocolate and marshmallows? S’mores!
The recipe calls for chocolate pudding mix and dark chocolate chips. I opted for semi sweet since I’m not a dark chocolate fan. The addition of marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs makes it a S’more in cookie form.
How to Make S’mores Cookies
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add in vanilla, eggs and pudding mix.
- Combine in remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add in chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs. The recipe calls for graham cracker crumbs but I think next time I make them I will try it out with just chopped graham crackers so you actually end up with little chunks of graham cracker.
- Use a scoop to form dough into balls. Press 2-3 additional marshmallows into the top of the ball of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a baking rack.
I loved the combination and did not think they were overly chocolate. I love how they browned up in the oven, looking just like they had been roasted over the fire.
Thanks to the pudding mix the cookie is a nice soft, chewy cookie. The perfect solution to your next chocolate craving.
Can I Freeze S’mores Cookies?
These cookies freeze well. I share all my tips on the best way to freeze cookies in this post. If you are going to freeze the cookie dough. Add the marshmallows to the dough before freezing.
Some of my other favorite chocolate cookies include:
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Overload Cookies
- Levain Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Candy Bar Cookies
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
S’mores Cookie Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 4 oz. pkg. chocolate instant pudding mix the dry powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallows plus extra for topping
- 1 cup cinnamon graham crackers crushed or chopped
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy
- Add in the vanilla, eggs and pudding mix
- In another bowl add together the flour and baking soda and gently fold in the wet ingredients
- Add in chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers
- Use a cookie scoop and drop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Press 2-3 marshmallows into the scoop of cookie dough
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack
Originally posted February 23, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.