These S’mores Cookies are the perfect thing when a chocolate craving hits! And there is no campfire required.I was having a bit of a chocolate craving on Sunday.
Although I like chocolate I usually will choose another flavor over chocolate but on Sunday the only flavor that would satisfy was chocolate.
One of my favorite things to add to chocolate is marshmallows. I love a bowl of chocolate ice cream with a handful of mini marshmallows all mixed up together. I’ve eaten it that way since I was a kid.
Well what is one of the first things that comes to mind when you think of chocolate and marshmallows? S’mores!
I had found a recipe for S’more Cookies in that nifty little cookie cookbook I bought a while back and I figured this chocolate craving was the perfect opportunity to give them a try.
The recipe calls for chocolate pudding mix and dark chocolate chips. I opted for semi sweet since I’m not a dark chocolate fan. The addition of marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs makes it a S’more in cookie form.
The recipe calls for graham cracker crumbs but I think next time I make them I will try it out with just chopped graham crackers so you actually end up with little chunks of graham cracker.
I loved the combination and did not think they were overly chocolate.
To make them a little prettier, I added some marshmallows into the dough once I had formed the balls of cookie dough on the cookie sheet before baking them. I just stuck 2-3 marshmallows into the top of each cookie. I love how they browned up in the oven, looking just like they had been roasted over the fire.
Thanks to the pudding mix the cookie is a nice soft, chewy cookie. The perfect solution to your next chocolate craving.
- 1/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 C butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 4 oz. pkg. chocolate instant pudding mix (dry)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C marshmallows plus extra for topping
- 1 C crushed or chopped graham crackers
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy
- Add in the vanilla, eggs and pudding mix
- In another bowl add together the flour and baking soda and gently fold in the wet ingredients
- Add in chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers
- Use a cookie scoop and drop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Press 2-3 marshmallows into the scoop of cookie dough
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!