These triple chocolate cookies are chewy and full of chocolate thanks to three different kinds of chocolate. We are using semis sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
Today’s recipe is the perfect way to the heart of anyone who loves chocolate cookies. It is Triple Chocolate Threat! This cookie uses cocoa powder, semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
Cookie Flavor Variations
Feel free to play around with your combinations of chocolate. You could use dark chocolate, bittersweet chocolate or milk chocolate too in addition to the semi sweet and white chocolate. So many possibilities!
How to Make Triple Chocolate Cookies
The steps are pretty easy – add chocolate, add chocolate, and add more chocolate!
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Add melted chocolate into the sugar mixture. Beat until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Add in the white chocolate chips.
- The batter then sits for about 30 minutes to firm up a bit. It will be fudge like.
- Use a cookie scoop to form balls of dough on a lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. If I remember, I like to rotate my baking sheet half way through the baking time.
After they bake there is only one thing left to do, you must add milk. These cookies are so delicious and a glass of cold milk is the perfect accompaniment!
These cookies are pure chocolate heaven, the perfect combination. The tops of the cookies will crackle as they bake and cool and the inside will be soft and chewy.
How to Store Triple Chocolate Cookies
Stored in an air tight container these cookies will last for 3-4 days. You can also freeze them using these directions for up to a month.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder dutch processed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 1/2 sticks butter 3/4 C, softened
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips melted and cooled
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugars for about 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- Beat in melted chocolate after it has cooled. Beat for a minute, scrap down bowl as needed.
- Slowly add in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined
- Add in white chocolate chips, mix to incorporate.
- Let stand at room temp for about 30 minutes until consistency is scoopable and fudge like.
- Use a large scoop (about 1/3 C size) to scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- Tops will crack but cookie will be soft and chewy inside.
Originally Posted February 13, 2014