Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a low calorie version of your favorite comfort food. All of the flavor of a chicken pot pie in a bowl of delicious slow cooker soup.
My favorite thing to do when it snows is cook up some comfort food and one of my favorite comfort foods is chicken pot pie. You can’t really beat a good bowl of soup on a cold day and that is when you need chicken pot pie soup. This soup is super easy and delicious. And it has all of the flavor and comfort of a pot pie, but the ease of a crock pot!
- Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Corn
- Salt and Pepper
- Half and Half
- Pie Crust
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Add all ingredients except for the peas, corn, half and half, and pie crust into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker
- Mix together your half and half and flour and return it to the slow cooker, cook for an additional 30 minutes. This will thicken the soup.
- Add frozen peas and corn and allow it to cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes from the pie crust. Bake according to directions on package and use as garnish on your soup.
- Use a store bought pie crust to make your garnish quick and easy or you can use my perfect pie crust recipe.
- If you want to reduce the calories a bit you can use milk instead of half and half. It will still be creamy.
- I used a combination of fresh and frozen vegetables but you could use all fresh or all frozen.
- If you are gluten free, you can replace the flour with cornstarch.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is really that simple and the best part is how yummy it is.
Check out more of my favorite slow cooker recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
- store bought pie crust
- Add all ingredients except for the peas, corn and half and half into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker
- In a bowl combine half and half and flour. Return to the slow cooker along with the peas and corn and allow it to cook on high for an additional 30 minutes so the broth thickens partially (it won’t get real thick)
- While soup is cooking use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes from the pie crust. Bake according to directions on package and use as garnish on your soup.