Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a low calorie version of your favorite comfort food. All of the flavor of a chicken pot pie in a bowl of delicious slow cooker soup. Let your slow cooker do the work and enjoy a delicious dinner.
I am a big fan of my slow cooker and in fact I wrote an entire slow cooker cookbook! A few of my other favorite slow cooker soups include Crock Pot Tomato Basil Soup and Slow Cooker Steak Soup. You can find all my slow cooker recipes here.
My favorite thing to do when it snows is cook up some comfort food and one of my favorite comfort foods is chicken pot pie. You can’t really beat a good bowl of soup on a cold day and that is when you need chicken pot pie soup. This soup is super easy and delicious. And it has all of the flavor and comfort of a pot pie, but the ease of a crock pot!
This soup tastes just like chicken pot pie but is so much easier!!
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Use skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- I used a combination of fresh and frozen vegetables but you could use all fresh or all frozen.
- If you want to reduce the calories a bit you can use milk instead of half and half. It will still be creamy.
- Use a store bought pie crust to make your garnish for the top or you can use my perfect pie crust recipe. Pull out your cookie cutters and have fun cutting out different shapes! Bake pie crust so it is ready to add to top of soup.
- Everything goes into the slow cooker except for the peas and corn (and the pie crust topping) and four hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it, return it to the pot.
- Mix together your half and half and flour and return it to the slow cooker, cook for an additional 30 minutes. This will thicken the soup. If you are gluten free you can use cornstarch.
- Serve, garnish with pie crust shapes and enjoy!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is really that simple and the best part is how yummy it is.
You can find some of my other favorite slow cooker recipes here:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
- store bought pie crust
- Add all ingredients except for the peas, corn and half and half into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker
- In a bowl combine half and half and flour. Return to the slow cooker along with the peas and corn and allow it to cook on high for an additional 30 minutes so the broth thickens partially (it won't get real thick)
- While soup is cooking use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes from the pie crust. Bake according to directions on package and use as garnish on your soup.
If you’ve tried this Chicken Pot Pie Soup or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, party ideas and travel tips and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Leave a Review