Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a low calorie version of your favorite comfort food. All of the flavor of a chicken pot pie in a bowl of delicious slow cooker soup. Let your slow cooker do the work and enjoy a delicious dinner.
My favorite thing to do when it snows is cook up some comfort food. And one of my favorite comfort foods is chicken pot pie. But you can’t really beat a good coup of soup on a cold day. So that is when you need chicken pot pie soup. This soup is super easy and delicious. And it has all of the flavor and comfort of a pot pie, but the ease of a crock pot!
Everything goes into the slow cooker and four hours later all you have to do is shred the chicken and add in some half and half. My favorite part of chicken pot pie is the pie crust, so I cut some cute little snowflakes out of a ready made pie crust, baked them and topped my soup with them.
It is really that simple but the best part is how yummy it is.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
All the creamy and delicious flavors of a chicken pot pie in a crock pot soup recipe.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup flour or cornstarch
- store bought pie crust
- Add all ingredients except for the peas, corn and half and half into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker
- In a bowl combine half and half and flour. Return to the slow cooker along with the peas and corn and allow it to cook on high for an additional 30 minutes so the broth thickens partially (it won't get real thick)
- While soup is cooking use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes from the pie crust. Bake according to directions on package and use as garnish on your soup.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.