The addition of sprinkles and circus animal cookies into this Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream is guaranteed to make big and little kids happy!
Circus Animal Ice Cream
I recently tried a new ice cream flavor that totally took me back to my childhood. What screams “childhood” more than circus animal cookies and sprinkles! I loved both as a kid and I still love them both andI am a firm believer that sprinkles make everything better!
I have been known to buy myself a bag of circus animal cookies and hide them for my private enjoyment more than once!
After trying Circus Animal Ice Cream at the local ice cream shop I knew I had to come home and give it a try. I used my favorite, basic vanilla ice cream recipe and just added in some circus animal cookies and sprinkles!
Ingredients for Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream
- Frosted Circus Animal Cookies – the ones with pink and white frosting.
- Sprinkles. I like using rainbow sprinkles
- Whole Milk
- Half and Half. This is a combination of whole milk and whipping cream, if you don’t have this available just replace the amount with half whole milk and half whipping cream.
- Whipping Cream. I use heavy whipping cream.
- Vanilla. Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
How to Make Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream
- Combine ice cream ingredients together, except for sprinkles and cookies.
- Put into ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the ice cream is almost finished and has set up, add in cookies and sprinkles.
- Churn for a few more minutes to incorporate.
- Place ice cream into an insulated ice cream tub and allow to harden up in the freezer.
It is was so yummy and so fun to eat and makes you feel like a kid all over again.
I love the crunch of the cookies in the soft, creamy ice cream and the sprinkles just make it more fun to eat and look prettier too!
Enjoy a little visit to your childhood and mix up a batch of this Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream! Of course I had to have it on a cone. The only way to eat ice cream when you’re a kid!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Circus Animal Ice Cream Recipe
Circus Animal Cookies & Sprinkles Ice Cream
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups half & half
- 1½ Tbsp pure vanilla use the good stuff
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups Circus Animal Cookies broken in half
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Mix together all ingredients except for cookies and sprinkles and pour into 2 qt. ice cream maker.
- Follow manufacturer’s directions.
- When ice cream is almost completely set up, add in cookies and sprinkles and process enough to get them incorporated.
- Place ice cream in freezer to firm up.