This homemade key lime pie ice cream tastes just like a key lime pie! It’s smooth, sweet and just the right amount of tart.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
It’s so easy! Seriously just throw the ingredients into the ice cream maker and then let it do it’s thing!
The flavor! It has all of the flavors of a key lime pie, including the graham cracker crumbs but there is no oven required!
- Whole milk
- Key lime juice. I use the bottled Nellie & Joe’s brand.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Half and half (this is half cream, half milk)
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Graham crackers
What Is Key Lime Juice?
Key limes are a small lime and it takes a lot of limes to get the amount of fresh lime juice you need for this recipe. I bought the bottled Nellie and Joe’s key lime juice that you can find in the juice aisle of the grocery store. It works great and the flavor is amazing!
How to Make Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- In a bowl, combine milk, lime juice, heavy cream, 1/2 & 1/2, salt and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn key lime pie ice cream according to manufacturers directions.
- The last five minutes of processing time, mix in 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs and save some for garnish.
- Put into a airtight, insulated ice cream freezer container or a loaf pan and freeze for at least an hour or until firm.
- Garnish churned ice cream with remaining crumbs
Frequently Asked Questions
Stored in an airtight, insulated ice cream container it will last for a couple of weeks.
This homemade ice cream recipe is designed to be made in an ice cream maker and is not meant to be a no churn ice cream.
Try These other Key Lime recipes:
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup key lime juice Nellie & Joe’s
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 graham cracker squares crushed
- In a bowl combine milk, lime juice, heavy cream, 1/2 & 1/2, salt and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
- After it has set up mix in 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs and save some for garnish. Put into a freezer container and freeze for at least an hour or until firm.
- Garnish with remaining crumbs