Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is a one pot meal. It’s quick, easy, delicious and the best part is the easy cleanup!
Using my Instant Pot is my favorite way to make sure I have dinner on the table. We also love this Instant Pot Mongolian Beef and these Instant Pot Carnitas are on repeat at our house.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff has become a favorite at our house. Who doesn’t love a one pot meal?
I’ve been on an Instant Pot kick lately since teaching an Instant Pot class at church. I’ve been learning a lot as I’ve been experimenting and the ladies at the class even taught me a few things!!
Beef Stroganoff is pure comfort food at our house. I think anything served over noodles qualifies as comfort food. I remember going to visit my best friend’s grandmother as a kid and she always made homemade noodles and they were so good. Anytime I eat noodles it reminds me of those visits.
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Making stroganoff in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier. You cook everything, including the noodles in the pot!
- Saute the beef using the saute feature on the Instant Pot.
- Add in the seasonings, liquid and mushrooms.
- Put on the lid and cook at high pressure for 10-15 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the pressure, add in the noodles and cook for another 5 minutes on high pressure. The noodles turned out perfect!
- Give it another quick release and then add in the sour cream and serve!
Pretty much a complete meal in one pot. Add in a green salad and you are good to go!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot but want to serve some delicious beef Stroganoff to your family, I also have a Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe we love.
Check out more of my easy Instant Pot Recipes
And if you have been thinking about getting an INSTANT POT, this 6 qt electric pressure cooker is my favorite. It helps cook dinner quicker and easier! And this one has 7 different functions.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs stew meat cubed
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp rosemary dried
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 8 oz. wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- parsley for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot onto saute. Add oil and heat for one minute. Add in onion and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle beef with 1 tsp salt and pepper. Add beef to pot and cook until browned on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic, rosemary and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce and salt. Add in mushrooms and flour. Stir until combined.
- Pour in beef broth and stir. Lock on lid and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. (will take about 10-15 minutes to come up to pressure)
- When the timer goes off, carefully do a quick release, open pot and add in egg noodles. Close and lock and set timer for another 5 minutes at high pressure (it will take about 5 minutes to come back up to pressure)
- Release pressure naturally for five minutes and then do a quick release. Open and stir in sour cream
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.