Free up your oven and stovetop space on Thanksgiving with these Slow Cooker Cinnamon Honey Carrots.
Now that Halloween is over and even though we are surrounded by Christmas in the stores, on the television and on the radio, but I am determined to enjoy this month of gratitude and Thanksgiving. So I’ve been thinking about and planning Thanksgiving dinner. We are celebrating in Utah this year so I don’t have a lot of planning to do but I will get a food assignment. One of the biggest problems at my house on Thanksgiving is oven space. Unfortunately, I only have one oven and limited stovetop space so I have learned a few tricks to make sure everything gets cooked at the same time and one of those tricks is using my slow cooker!
Using your slow cooker for some of your side dishes is the perfect solution to too little cooking space. Simply put the carrots into the slow cooker. Add the sugar mixture and let it cook on high for 3-4 hours. Simple!
I love the combo of the sweet that comes from the honey and the cinnamon spice. I strained off the juice and then put it in a pan and boiled it until it reduced down and then glazed the carrots with it.
I garnished them with a bit of fresh parsley and they are table worthy.
- 2 lbs. baby carrots
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/4 C melted buter
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish.
- Place carrots in 3-4 quart slow cooker and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, honey, juice, butter and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over carrots and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the carrots are fork tender. Stir occassionally and check tenderness as they cook.
- Strain juice from carrots and place in a pan on the stove and bring to a boil. Boil until mixture reduces down to about half.
- Pour back over carrots.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.