Spicy Potatoes are thin and crispy around the edges and full of flavor. They are the perfect side dish to just about any meal.
Why You’ll Love These Potatoes!
They have amazing flavor!
But don’t let that word spicy scare you away from these potatoes though. The recipe uses chili pepper so they have a little bit of a kick to them. You can easily reduce the amount of chili pepper and cayenne pepper if you prefer a milder potatoes.
At our house, these spicy potatoes are affectionately called Patrice’s Potatoes after one of my good friends who gave me the recipe and are one of our favorite potato dishes.
Growing up, I didn’t eat potatoes. But then I married to man from Idaho, whose grandfather was a potato farmer! The first time I went to Idaho to meet Jim’s family I think they were all a little shocked and dismayed that their son was dating a girl who did not eat potatoes! As I’ve gotten older, I have learned to enjoy some potatoes dishes and these spicy potatoes are one of my favorite.
- Red potatoes
- Butter, I use salted butter.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne powder
- Mild chili powder, if you want more spice use hot chili powder
- Worcestershire sauce
How to Make Spicy Potatoes
- Slice potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. Try and slice them all as evenly as possible so they cook evenly. You can slice them thinner if you prefer, they will just cook quicker.
- In a large plastic zipper bag combine olive oil and melted butter.
- Add in spices. You can easily adjust the “heat” to these spicy potatoes to your liking by adding more or less cayenne pepper and chili powder.
- Pour in Worcestershire sauce.
- Add in potatoes and rub the bag to coat the potatoes in the mixture.
- Place potato slices on a baking sheet pans in a single layer and roast at 500 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Flip the spicy potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes until they reach your desired level of crispness and for me that is about 10 minutes.
Every time my kids come home for a visit and I ask them what they want for dinner and these spicy potatoes always make the cut! They love them!!
Frequently Asked Questions
What other kind of potato can I use for spicy potatoes?
You can also use a yukon golds potato for this recipen and prefer them over russets.
How can I make them less spicy?
When I want a less spicy potato I half the amount of chili pepper and cayenne pepper.
Try these delicious recipes too:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 8-10 medium sized red potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Mix above ingredients and toss with thin sliced potatoes
- Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes, then turn potatoes and bake another 7-10 minutes until desired crispness
This recipe was originally shared August 22, 2008.