I love the combo of a little heat and a little sweet in this One Pan Spicy Chicken. The best part is there is only one pan to clean up!
Some other delicious one pan meals you may want to try include Pepper Chicken Stir Fry, Korean Ground Beef and Almond Chicken.
This week on Instagram I shared a behind the scenes photo of my kitchen. I’m neck deep into cookbook recipe testing and so most days I usually have 3 slow cookers going at once and the kitchen is a disaster. I’m a messy cook. You would think with all the food being cooked each day that there would always be something for dinner. It doesn’t always work out that way so after recipe testing all day long, the last thing I want to do is spend a bunch of time on what we are going to have for dinner.
That is when this One Skillet Spicy Chicken comes to the rescue. My husband appreciates it too because he is my kitchen assistant/dishwasher and he is always glad when there are fewer dishes to wash.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts instead of Thighs?
This recipe uses thighs which I am a fan of but feel free to substitute chicken breasts if you prefer. If you are using a breast pound out the chicken breast so it has a more even thickness.
How to Make Spicy Chicken
- Cover the chicken on both sides with the spice rub and gently pat into chicken.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, lightly browned.
- Pour honey over chicken and then place pan into a 375 degree F. oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I definitely prefer to use my 10 inch cast iron skillet. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet use a pan that can go from stovetop to oven.
- After the chicken is cooked through, drain off any leftover liquid and then drizzle with a little more honey and garnish with green onion.
How Do I Know When Chicken is Done?
Chicken is safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer to check temperature rather than cutting into the meat to see if it’s done, Cutting into the meat causes the juices to run out and drying out the chicken.
What to Serve with Spicy Chicken
We love to serve it with Rice Pilaf, Cashew Rice or if you prefer potatoes try these Smashed Potatoes or our family’s favorite Chili Roasted Potatoes.
Be sure and follow me on You Tube for lots of recipe videos!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Spicy Chicken Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Green onions for garnish
- Additional honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add oil to pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Rub the spice mixture on both sides of chicken and pat in.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, lightly browned
- Mix together honey and vinegar.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken and turn chicken to coat.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Baste with juices a few times during baking.
- Drain off any additional liquid and then drizzle with honey and garnish with green onions.
Leave a Review