These Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are the perfect Breakfast. A quick, easy, delicious and nutritious way to get a healthy start to your day.
I remember a period of a couple of years when I had children in elementary school, middle school and high school. All at the same time! This meant we had three different school start times which lead to some pretty crazy mornings at our house. These breakfast bars became the perfect way to get them all out the door with a good breakfast.
Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are packed full of protein and fiber. The perfect morning combo. They are easy to make and easy to on a busy morning.
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Crispy Rice Cereal
- Dried Cranberries
How to Make Breakfast Bars
The breakfast bars are a combination of old fashioned oats, rice cereal, raisins, dried cranberries and pecans.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a small sauce pan, stir the peanut butter and honey over low heat until melted. Add in the brown sugar and bring to a simmer. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Pat the mixture into a greased 9×9 pan and let them cool. Then just cut them into bars and they are ready to grab and go!
The oats and the rice cereal give the bars the perfect ratio of chew to crunch and you can add in your favorite dried fruit and nut combo for even more goodness.
Check out more of my favorite breakfast recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Breakfast Bars with Peanut Butter and Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Over low heat, in a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and honey. Stir to melt.
- Add in brown sugar and bring to a simmer.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Pour peanut butter mixture over ingredients and stir to combine.
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan and pour mixture into pan and press into a flat layer.
- Cool at room temperature until set up and then cut into bars