Congratulations to # 12, 47 and 19 who have won a $50.00 gift card!
We love a good burger at our house. When Lipton asked me to come up with a burger recipe for their “Secret Society of Burger Lovers” I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. The only qualification was it needed to be a burger, 8 ingredients or less and it needed to use Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Using Lipton Soup Mix was easy because I love it and use it as a seasoning in all kinds of things. It is a must have for my crockpot brisket.
Since we have a red meat allergy at our house I decided to go with a turkey burger. I also had a jar of mango chutney sitting in my cupboard that I had been wanting to use for a while so I decided to add it in with the turkey. I love the contrast of sweet and spicy in a dish. Since the mango chutney was sweet I added in a jalapeno pepper to balance out the sweet. Good choice! You could probably use any flavor of chutney or even an orange marmalade.
The chutney along with the Lipton Onion Soup Mix gave the turkey burger some great flavor and the chutney made the burger nice and moist.
In addition to using the chutney in the burger itself I made an aioli out of it. It is my “secret sauce.” It is a combination of mayo, chutney, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. The aioli helps to intensify the flavor of the burger. So good!
Then just add on your favorite condiments – tomato, onion, lettuce, etc. and you’ve got an amazing burger.
A couple of burger tips for you:
1. After forming patties I like to refrigerate them for at least an hour or two. It helps the meat hold together better while grilling, especially when working with ground turkey which tends to be a bit more “delicate”
2. If you are worried about the meat being cooked appropriately (especially when using turkey or chicken) use a meat thermometer instead of cutting into the meat to see if it is done. Cutting into it releases the juices and dries out the meat.
3. Love combining or layering flavors in my burgers. Using sweet and savory together.
Be sure and head over to Secret Society of Burger Lovers to check out more yummy burger recipes, burger tips and tricks, and discover your burger personality!
For other yummy burger recipes check out these:
I’ve got THREE $50.00 cash gift cards I am giving away courtesy of Lipton! Just enter below by letting me know what your favorite thing to put on a burger is!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 C mango chutney
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/4 C mango chutney
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 -3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients and form into patties. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to allow patty to firm up. Cook on grill. Top with mango jalapeno aioli and other desired toppings
- Combine ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For a list of where I Link Up each week go here.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!