Spice up your regular burger menu with this Sweet & Spicy Turkey Burger
We love a good burger at our house. Since we have a red meat allergy at our house I decided to go with a turkey burger. I also had a jar of mango chutney sitting in my cupboard that I had been wanting to use for a while so I decided to add it in with the turkey. I love the contrast of sweet and spicy in a dish. Since the mango chutney was sweet I added in a jalapeno pepper to balance out the sweet. And it was a good choice!
I added a package of onion soup mix to the turkey burger to add a lot of great flavor and the chutney made the burger nice and moist.
In addition to using the chutney in the burger itself I made an aioli out of it. It is my “secret sauce.” It is a combination of mayo, chutney, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. The aioli helps to intensify the flavor of the burger. So good! Then just add on your favorite condiments – tomato, onion, lettuce, etc. and you’ve got an amazing burger.
Tips for the Perfect Burger
1. After forming patties I like to refrigerate them for at least an hour or two. It helps the meat hold together better while grilling, especially when working with ground turkey which tends to be a bit more “delicate”
2. If you are worried about the meat being cooked appropriately (especially when using turkey or chicken) use a meat thermometer instead of cutting into the meat to see if it is done. Cutting into it releases the juices and dries out the meat.
3. Love combining or layering flavors in my burgers. Using sweet and savory together.
Check out more delicious burger recipes:
Sweet & Spicy Turkey Burger Recipe
Sweet & Spicy Turkey Burger
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 package Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 C mango chutney
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
Mango Jalapeño Aioli
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/4 C mango chutney
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients and form into patties. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to allow patty to firm up. Cook on grill. Top with mango jalapeno aioli and other desired toppings
Mango Jalapeno Aioli
- Combine ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.