If you are looking for a delicious and easy pot roast recipe, this slow cooker pot roast is perfect. So easy to make and always so delicious.
There are a couple of things that are perfect about this slow cooker pot roast. First is how easy it is to make in the slow cooker. Just pop it in first thing in the morning and then don’t think about it the rest of the day. And dinner is ready when we are!
The second thing that makes it perfect is the flavor and the texture. A good pot roast requires no knife. It basically falls apart when you cut into it with your fork. The slow cooker helps to achieve that fall apart texture.
- Chuck Roast
- Can of Coke
- McCormick’s Slow Cooker Savory Pot Roast Seasoning Packet
How To Make Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Just peel your potatoes and carrots and put them into the slow cooker.
One of the tricks to a perfect pot roast is to brown your meat first. Just heat up some olive oil in a pan and sear both sides of the roast before adding it to the slow cooker.
Mix your seasoning packet into the cup of water and add it to the slow cooker. Then pour your can of Coke over the top. The soda helps to tenderize the meat.
Then put on your lid, turn your slow cooker to low and forget about it for 8 hours! Remember, you can’t rush a great pot roast!
The only thing left to do is enjoy dinner!
Check out more of my favorite crockpot recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 4 lb chuck roast or pot roast
- 12 oz Coke one can
- 1 C water
- 1 pkg McCormick Slow Cooker Savory Pot Roast seasoning
- 5 carrots peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks
- Place carrots and potatoes in bottom of slow cooker.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a heavy pot and braise both sides of pot roast
- Place meat into slow cooker
- Mix seasoning into water and pour of meat
- Pour Coke over meat
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.