BBQ Pork Sandwiches are a quick, easy and delicious meal done in your crock pot. The meat is tender and delicious and a definite crowd pleaser.
If you are looking for an easy, no fuss dinner, today’s recipe is just for you. These bbq pork sandwiches are a great recipe to put on the dinner rotation. The crock pot does all of the work for you, it only involves a few simple ingredients, and everyone loves the flavor or this marinated pork.
Pulled Pork Ingredients
- Pork Roast. I recommend using an inexpensive cut of pork such as a pork roast, pork shoulder or pork carnitas.
- Root Beer. You can also use Coke or Dr. Pepper. I recommend NOT using diet soda.
- Seasoning. Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dry Mustard, Salt and Pepper.
How to Make BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Place pork into the crock pot
- Sprinkle pork with seasoning.
- Pour in 2 1/2 cups of root beer, pouring to the side of the roast so you don’t wash off the seasoning.
- Cook on low for about 5- 6 hours or until it pulls apart easily.
- After it is cooked, drain off the liquid and shred the meat.
- Drizzle your favorite BBQ sauce over the meat and then return to the crockpot and allow to cook for about one more hour.
- Serve BBQ Pork on a bun and top it with a little more BBQ sauce.
If you prefer, you can serve it the meat without the bun and serve it with some Smashed Potatoes, Rice Pilaf or Roasted Potatoes.
Easy family dinner ideas:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
BBQ Pork Sandwich Recipe
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- 4 lb. pork shoulder pork roast or pork carnitas
- 2 1/2 cups root beer
- 1 bottle 18 oz. barbeque sauce. I like Sweet Baby Rays.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Mix together spices and sprinkle over pork .
- Place in crock pot and pour in root beer, around the pork so as not to wash off spices.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until pork pulls apart easily.
- Drain liquid from crockpot.
- Shred pork
- Cover with bbq sauce and mix to coat. (reserve a little sauce to add on top when serving)
- Put back in crockpot and allow to cook for another hour.
- Place pork onto bun and top with some additional bbq sauce
Originally posted April 10, 2012
Leave a Review