BBQ Pork Sandwiches are a quick, easy and delicious meal done in your crock pot . They are a definite crowd pleaser.
If you are looking for an easy, no fuss dinner today’s recipe is just for you. These bbq pork sandwiches are a great recipe to put on the dinner rotation. The crock pot does all of the work for you, it only involves a few simple ingredients, and everyone loves the flavor or this marinaded pork.
How to Make BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Start with an inexpensive cut of pork. I use a pork roast, pork shoulder or pork carnitas. What ever is the cheapest that week. I usually cook about 4 lbs.
Put your pork into the crock pot with a little seasoning of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion salt, dry mustard and the secret ingredient, 2 1/2 C of root beer. Let it cook on low for about 5- 6 hours or so or until it pulls apart easily.
Once cooked, drain off the liquid and shred the meat. Pour your favorite BBQ sauce over the meat and then return to the crockpot and allow to cook for about one more hour.
Serve it up on a bun topped it with a little more BBQ sauce and you have bbq pork sandwich perfection.
I like to toast my buns before I make my sandwich. This will help keep them from getting soggy if you like a lot of bbq sauce on your sandwich.
Put a nice layer of putter on the inside of each bun and then place them buttered side down into a frying pan until they turn golden brown.
Check out more of my easy family dinner ideas:
BBQ Pork Sandwich Recipe
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- 4 lb. pork shoulder pork roast or pork carnitas
- 2 1/2 C root beer
- 1 bottle 18 oz. barbeque sauce. I like Sweet Baby Rays.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Mix together spices and sprinkle pork .
- Place in crock pot and pour in root beer, around the pork so as not to wash off spices.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until pork pulls apart easily.
- Drain liquid from crockpot.
- Shred pork
- Cover with bbq sauce and mix to coat. (reserve a little sauce to add on top when serving)
- Allow to cook for another hour in crockpot.
- To serve, toast hamburger buns by buttering them and placing them face down in a frying pan until they are golden brown.
- Place pork onto bun and top with some additional bbq sauce