Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are crispy, Cheesy and a perfect side dish for any of your favorite main dishes.
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
I am a non-potato eating girl married to an Idaho Boy, grandson of a potato farmer. That can be a bit of a problem some times. Over the years though I have worked hard to try to learn to enjoy some potatoes. I have learned that I can handle small and crisp potatoes. So I tend to cut up my potatoes small and cook them for a long time!
This recipe for Parmesan Roasted Potatoes fits my potato criteria pretty well. Small, crisp and covered in Parmesan cheese. I cut the potatoes into a nice small cube size but you can make them any size you want.
What Kind of Potato Should I Use for Roasted Potatoes?
For this recipe I used a firm russet potato but I often will use a red potato. Yukon golds also work but they are a little softer potato and since I have texture issues with potatoes I prefer a firmer potato. I don’t peel the potatoes.
How to Roast Potatoes?
- Cut up the potatoes into bite size pieces, I like mine about 3/4 of inch in size.
- Combine cheese, flour, salt and pepper in a bag or bowl. Add the potatoes and shake or stir to coat potatoes.
- Drizzle melted butter on the baking sheet and add potatoes on top of butter layer.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for about one hour or until potatoes are crispy on the edges and golden brown. I turn them about every 15 minutes to make sure they are evenly golden brown.
After placing them a serving bowl you can garnish with some additional Parmesan cheese and even a sprinkle of parsley or other fresh herbs for a little extra flavor and color.
I love a good side dish so be sure and check out these other favorite side dish recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 7-8 potatoes yukon gold, russet, or red
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Parsley dried or fresh for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put cheese, flour, salt and pepper into a plastic sealable bag.
- Cut potatoes into bite size chunks.
- Add to flour mixture and shake to coat.
- Put melted butter onto baking pan.
- Place potatoes in a single layer into butter
- Bake in oven until browned and crisp about 1 hour. Turn several times to make sure all sides brown evenly. About every 15 minutes.
- Garnish with some additional Parmesan cheese or herbs such as parsley if desire.
Recipe originally posted February 28, 2013
If you’ve tried this Parmesan Roasted Potatoes or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!