This recipe for Mongolian Beef has become a family favorite. It’s better than take out and you will be surprised how easy Mongolian beef is to make at home!
We love Chinese take out. And one of my favorite take out dishes is Mongolian Beef. I bet you didn’t know how easy it s to recreate at home. No need to head out to your favorite Chinese restaurant!
When I am planning out my weekly meal plans, this in one of those recipes I can always count on. Mongolian beef only takes about 30 minutes to make And is a dish that everyone in my home loves.
The beef has a light cornstarch coating and is then lightly fried up in some oil which creates a nice crispy coating.
If you are wanting to cut calories, you could skip the frying part. It won’t be just like the restaurant version.But it will still be yummy.
You can use flank steak or top round steak. I like to slice my meat when it is still slightly frozen because it allows you to cut the meat nice and thin.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Check out more of my easy family dinner recipes:
Mongolian Beef Recipe
- 1 lb top round steak or flank steak cut thinly on the cross grain
- 1/4 C cornstarch
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger or minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 C soy sauce I used low sodium
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 green onions sliced into 2-3" pieces
- oil for frying
- Dry off meat with a paper towel and slice into 1/4" thick slices against the grain
- Place meat in a bowl with the cornstarch and coat thoroughly
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 1/2 tsp over medium heat
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir until fragrant
- Add soy sauce, water, rice vinegar and brown sugar
- Cook for about 2 minutes and remove from pan
- Add remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil to pan over high heat
- Next, Add the meat and cook until brown on all sides and slightly crispy
- Pour sauce back into pan over meat
- Add green onions, stir and remove from heat
- Serve with rice
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.