Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef is one of my favorite take out foods, and with this recipe is is so easy to make at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you love Mongolian Beef, this recipe is just as delicious as your favorite take out. It is so easy to make with a slow cooker, and the beef comes out perfectly tender and delicious. As an added bonus, your kitchen will smell amazing while it cooks.
- sirloin steak, sliced thinly
- olive oil
- onion, sliced thin
- green onions, sliced in 1 inch pieces
- garlic, minced
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- ginger, minced
- sesame oil
How to Make Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
Slice the sirloin steak into strips. Coat the sliced beef in cornstarch and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Heat oil in pan and add steak. Cook until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Although this step takes a few minutes, it adds flavor and texture to the dish. This step can be skipped, but I recommend trying it.
Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, water, brown sugar, minced garlic, and minced ginger to make the sauce.
Place onion, steak, green onions and sauce mixture into slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4 hours, until meat is cooked through and tender.
Add a little sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds for garnish and serve with rice.
Check out more of my favorite easy dinner recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- 1 lb. sirloin steak sliced thinly
- 1/3 C cornstarch
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 3-4 green onions sliced int 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 C soy sauce
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Place sliced steak into a bag with cornstarch. Toss to coat. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan and add steak. Cook until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together sauce.
- Place onion, steak, green onions and sauce mixture into slow cooker
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until meat is tender and cooked through.